PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs - Best rooms/buildings

JabberJaws
12-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Any room/building suggestions for CSR? Just me and my wife going. Not taking the buses (driving to the parks). Probably won't eat in the food courts. So basically saying that being near the main building or bus stops aren't a big concern.

Thanks!

Melanie
12-07-2012, 04:39 PM
For years and years, we preferred the Casitas. But now, I prefer Cabanas and even Ranchos over Casitas. Have stayed in all the sections numerous times. Gah, I think now CSR is our most stayed at resort at WDW. We'll be back there in January for Marathon weekend.

Cabanas is ideal - right beside the Dig Site (main pool) and a short, beautiful walk over the bridge to El Centro. Bus stops are located close to each building/section, but since you are driving your own car, Cabanas is conveniently the closest section to the exit. :thumbsup: I find the Cabanas grounds and landscaping to be the most relaxing of the three sections. Casitas is a little more formal, and Ranchos is a little more 'rugged'.

So, just my humble opinion and preference. All the sections are great. Don't think you'll be disappointed! :)

AgentC
12-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Cabanas is my favorite section for many of the reasons Melanie mentioned. I especially like the little beach areas with hammocks in the Cabana area.

CSR is one the resorts where you can book a king size bed. We did it one year and I recommend it since it is only the two of you.

MNNHFLTX
12-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Love the Cabanas section. Fairly close to everything and with a nice sandy beach to hang out on.

mrte62
12-08-2012, 03:45 PM
DW and have stayed in Casitas 4 and 5. Liked the location. Building 4 has the health Club and laundry.

We sprung for a king size bed room and really enjoyed it.

BigRedDad
12-08-2012, 05:58 PM
We have been in the Cabanas and loved it. It is close to the bus stop, close to the pool, and the walk to the front is scenic and not too long.

Gator
12-09-2012, 11:21 PM
We love the Rancho section. It has a different kind of beauty than the other parts of the resort.

Angelgirl65
12-10-2012, 07:58 AM
casita 3 has some great views on both sides. Casita 4 and 5 are close to bus stop #2 which is the first to board for the parks.

JabberJaws
12-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Wow thanks for all of the great suggestions. Think we might try to request the cabanas, though sounds like we can't really go wrong. I have stayed at CSR before, but it has been a long time (close to 10 years probably) and I don't remember much about the room buildings.

We did get the king bed room so that will be nice! That is one thing I've never liked about most of the Disney hotels is the lack or low number of king beds.

I am correct that you can put in room requests (like for a specific building/area) when you do online check in?

Thanks everyone!