PDA

View Full Version : Good thoughts needed...

BrerGnat
12-06-2012, 11:23 AM
My 5 month old neice and her dad (BIL) are both currently hospitalized with a serious stomach virus. Going on day 2 now.

Would appreciate some good vibes sent their way. My sister is hoping she is spared, as they really don't have anyone who can help if she ends up sick too. We (family) are all far away. :(

faline
12-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Hope both recover soon!!

Dopey's Girl
12-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Pixie dust that everyone is feeling better soon, and that your sister is spared!

Strmchsr
12-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Prayers going up for them Natalie!

BrerGnat
12-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Not good news...

My sister just started throwing up too. I feel so terrible being so far away, and no one that she is calling is picking up their phones!

The baby was taken off the IV to see if she could keep formula down. Nope. Back up it came. She's back on the IV now too.

:(

disney obsessed
12-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Yikes! I know we have had a stomach bug going around town but it hasn't been quite that bad.

Pixie dust for them.:tink::tink:

Dopey's Girl
12-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Not good news...

My sister just started throwing up too. I feel so terrible being so far away, and no one that she is calling is picking up their phones!

The baby was taken off the IV to see if she could keep formula down. Nope. Back up it came. She's back on the IV now too.

Oh no! More prayers for them all!

minnie04
12-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Not good news...

How awful to be alone when something like this happens. I wish the best for all of them and hope they feel better soon.

faline
12-06-2012, 07:04 PM
That sounds terrible!! Is it the flu? They're saying that this year's flu season will be quite intense.

TheVBs
12-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Oh no. :( I am so sorry and I hope they get better soon!

Janmac
12-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Sending good thoughts there way - so heartbreaking when a baby is sick. IVs in babies are so scary looking.

Our oldest grandson (now 33) had meningitis when he was 6 months old. He made a full recovery, thankfully. Hope your niece recovers soon, as well as her parents.

Jan

Disney4us2
12-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Hope everyone is feeling better soon:ill::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

BrerGnat
12-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Everyone is finally home from the hospital as of Friday morning. They are all exhausted at this point, but on the mend.

My older sister flew up from L.A. on Thursday evening to help out, and I know the help is much appreciated.

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. Hopefully things will continue to get better from here on out.

NASTY stomach bug, though! It's apparently spreading like wildfire, said the docs. Remember to practice good hygiene!

Mickey'sGirl
12-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Just read this Natalie! How horrible for your sister's family. I am glad everyone is home safe and sound!

faline
12-08-2012, 05:58 PM
It's good to hear they are on the mend and that they have some assistance at home. Hope your older sister is able to avoid catching it!!

Dsnygirl
12-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Natalie, I'm so happy to hear everyone's home safe & sound... what an awful sounding bug. Glad your sister was spared!!