PDA

View Full Version : Keeping the magic alive...

Iloveelliott
12-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi. I hope you have some suggestions for me. I went to Disney World for the first time a little over a year ago. The trip was a dream come true for me. Since then a lot has gone on in my life and I've become really depressed. Thinking about Disney is one of the few things that makes me feel a bit better. We are having financial problems so there is no trip in the near future. How can I keep the magic alive? Can you recommend any books with loads of great Disney World pictures? Do you know anything about the souvenir book Let the Memories Begin? I already listen to Disney radio stations and I look at maps I collected at Disney World and my photos. Just hoping someone might have some new ideas for me. Thanks a million

SBETigg
12-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Go to the Disney website and order a vacation DVD? That helped lift my spirits when I knew I wasn't going to be back in a while. Also, watching some tourist videos of Disney on YouTube helped me, too. Best wishes in keeping your spirits up! Remind yourself that you will be back, even if you don't know when.

disneymom15
12-05-2012, 05:46 PM
This might sound funny, but, I like looking at my "wait times" app and also my "park hours" app when I'm missing Disney.
Intercot is also my go to site for my daily fix.

faline
12-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Head to the library and take out every Disney book you can.

I hope the future holds some good things for you and you can begin planning a real trip!!

disney obsessed
12-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Search youtube for disney world.
Watch the videos of rides here on intercot.

retiredfigment
12-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Hope things start looking up real soon. Looking around for 'Disney reminders helps me. My DD and I laugh because sometimes we look at something and start laughing because we think of Disney at the same time. Example, we went to the Botanical Gardens in Cleveland and had to walk behind a waterfall. Immediately we both started laughing and said the line about waterfalls from Jungle Cruise. Look for hidden Mickeys. They are everywhere. Have any DW shirts? They can sure brighten a day!

PlutoToo
12-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Maybe go to the Disney World site and order your own custom made maps. Highlight the things you did, or use it to highlight the things you'd want to do on some future trip.