PDA

View Full Version : Art of Animation Review

TheVBs
12-05-2012, 01:47 PM
We just got back from a short visit to WDW on our way to see family. Since we were just staying two nights, we wanted to try a new hotel. We have always stayed at ASMu, and wanted to try AoA.

This resort totally wow-ed us! The theme-ing (how do you spell that/is it even a word?) was incredible. The Big Blue Pool was gorgeous and the girls loved being able to hear the music under the water.

We had a Little Mermaid room. Really cute decor! Not sure if these rooms are actually larger that the ASM rooms or if it just felt that way. Loved having the fridge in the room. We were the farthest out, but the walk to the main building wasn't bad at all - UNLESS you're just going for that first cup of coffee in the morning, then it's a looooong haul. :blush: If we stay here again (which is what the girls and I are voting for ;)) we would definitely have a coffee pot and breakfast items in the room. At ASMu we would always book a preferred room and that would make it easy for me to run over, get everyone breakfast and bring it back to the room. Not so easy where we were at in AoA.

The food court was huge and a bit overwhelming. But, the individual food and check out lines really weren't bad at all. Felt like we got our food and got to a table in a reasonable amount of time. We only ate a couple of meals there, pizza and breakfast, so couldn't really give a comprehensive review on the food. We did notice that they did not have Mickey waffles! :( That was disappointing.

The buses were prompt, no problems there. The gift shop was HUGE! Nice variety of stuff, but unfortunately I didn't get my shopping in. I had planned to do it before we left, but I was sick and got worse on that last day. There were things I wanted to buy this time too! :( Ah well.

DH prefers being close to the main building, like at ASMu. But, other than that, he loved the resort.

Kplaster
12-05-2012, 02:35 PM
You made up my mind that I can't stay at AoA just by saying no Mickey Waffles. That is my morning breakfast every morning because they are AMAZING and only get them at Disney.

Chaos
12-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Sounds great! We are booked for a Finding Nemo family suite for next October, and the resort looks amazing from pictures and videos.

BrerGnat
12-06-2012, 09:27 AM
You made up my mind that I can't stay at AoA just by saying no Mickey Waffles. That is my morning breakfast every morning because they are AMAZING and only get them at Disney.

They do have Mickey Waffles for KIDS only . They are some special "buckwheat" waffle.

TheVBs
12-06-2012, 07:18 PM
DH told me after I posted this that someone else in line asked for a Mickey waffle and was told it would be about 5-10 minutes. So, I guess they could make them, we just saw the regular ones and assumed that was it.

While we were there the kid waffles were the same kind as the adult, but they weren't Mickey shaped. They were round with a character in the middle, like Simba.

Ramblingman
12-10-2012, 07:26 PM
We are booked there starting Saturday for 8 nights. I will give my review afterwards. Taking all these reviews into account. I really appreciate all the tips and heads-up.

TheVBs
12-11-2012, 07:12 PM
We are booked there starting Saturday for 8 nights. I will give my review afterwards. Taking all these reviews into account. I really appreciate all the tips and heads-up.

I hope you have a great time! Looking forward to your review. :mickey:

GBBT
12-12-2012, 08:12 PM
yeah.....have a great time.....we decided not to go this year..it's getting downright too expensive to keep going.:(