PDA

View Full Version : Very disappointed in Whispering Canyon

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-05-2012, 11:08 AM
We had Dusty Trails as our server, and he was actually pretty good. The girls laughed when he came by our table and just tossed a bunch of straws and napkins all over the place and he was attentive and interacted well.

But two major disappointments. The food and the entertainment.

The food seemed more of "lets go with quantity over quality". I'm not a rib expert but they just slopped on the rib sauce. I definitely preferred the ribs over at AK's Flame Tree BBQ to Whispering Canyons. And the rest of the food was such that I don't even really recall what it was.

The 2nd disappointment was probably the biggest, and maybe I just missed the update. The main reason for booking Whispering Canyon was so that the kids could do interactive stuff during the meal, sort of like what they do at Ohana's. During our entire meal they never once had the kids come up to do pony races or anything. Maybe they don't do it anymore, but a let down that they didn't or that we missed it.

Regardless, I don't see much need for a return visit.

CosmicRay
12-05-2012, 01:30 PM
That's a shame that you were disappointed. Our family really likes the food and while we were there in May, they still had the stick horse races. They also had the fun of yelling out for the ketchup and dancing the Hokey Pokey. I'm sorry, you're family didn't get to have the experience you hoped for.

disneymom15
12-05-2012, 03:17 PM
We were there in October and received the full treatment. Lots of server interaction. Probably 4 out of 9 of us were put in jail, 2 were made to sit in the corner, 2 or 3 had to do the stick pony race. It was our best meal hands down.

mom2morgan
12-09-2012, 09:23 PM
We were there in September - there seemed to be lots of activity going on, but the food was terrible. We didn't like the new menu AT ALL - and would not have gone if we'd known. Unfortunately, I printed off menus before we left, and then it turned out a whole bunch of places changed menus right in the middle of that week.

BrerGnat
12-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Sorry to hear that. The menu change has turned me off to WCC and it used to be one of my favorites. :(

Hopefully enough people will stop going that they will rethink that particular menu change. It's like they are not even using the smokehouse at all now, and that's the whole point of that restaurant.

azcavalier
12-12-2012, 12:32 PM
We were just there a month ago. Food was OK, but i've never been a huge fan of their menu as it is. Everything else was the same, though. Even had the kids do the stick-pony rides.

crltkcagle
12-13-2012, 06:13 PM
That stinks that your kids missed out on all of the fun! I guess they were having a bad night at WCC!