PDA

View Full Version : really, Disney?

A Big Kid
12-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Computers are "down" and POFQ. Even though we paid months in advance for rooms and DDP, we have to pay out of pocket for our meals and we will be reimbursed later. Huh?

And we have to waste our time to go back later to get our regular keys but they gave us a "generic" key in the meantime? Just how "generic" is this key, if you know what i mean.

Unbelievable

A Big Kid
12-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Oh yeah. While we are checking in, the CM starts to talk politics to us right out of the blue. She sees we are from texas and comments to us what a poor job President Bush did. Seriously?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-04-2012, 04:07 PM
We had a letter in our room on Sunday telling us that they were going thru major computer upgrades on Monday, so that might be your problem. Fortunately we checked out Monday morning, so not an issues.

A Big Kid
12-04-2012, 04:27 PM
We had a letter in our room on Sunday telling us that they were going thru major computer upgrades on Monday, so that might be your problem. Fortunately we checked out Monday morning, so not an issues. if thats the case, you'd think there woukd be some backup plan. Luckily, i am fairly well off financially so i can afford to pay OOP. What about those who cant? Can you imagine how embarassing that could be?

We can even get mugs to get a drink even though we paid for them.

There is simply no excuse.

cer
12-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Oh yeah. While we are checking in, the CM starts to talk politics to us right out of the blue. She sees we are from texas and comments to us what a poor job President Bush did. Seriously?

Politics in WDW? -bad form.

Stu29573
12-04-2012, 04:34 PM
This happened to us in 2010 at PORS. Huge computer upgrade turned into huge computer crash. Everything lost. Hours spent trying to work it all out, over three days. We ended up being upgraded to water view and getting a free night, but it was by far the worst trip we ever had. We haven't been back yet. If its still happeneing, maybe we need to stay away a bit longer. There was precious little "Magic" going on....

A Big Kid
12-04-2012, 04:48 PM
This happened to us in 2010 at PORS. Huge computer upgrade turned into huge computer crash. Everything lost. Hours spent trying to work it all out, over three days. We ended up being upgraded to water view and getting a free night, but it was by far the worst trip we ever had. We haven't been back yet. If its still happeneing, maybe we need to stay away a bit longer. There was precious little "Magic" going on....

You'd think an upgrade woukd be a no brainer. We were assigned a room as far away from the lobby as possibke facing a parking lot.

Aurora
12-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Computers are "down" and POFQ. Even though we paid months in advance for rooms and DDP, we have to pay out of pocket for our meals and we will be reimbursed later. Huh?

And we have to waste our time to go back later to get our regular keys but they gave us a "generic" key in the meantime? Just how "generic" is this key, if you know what i mean.

Unbelievable

if thats the case, you'd think there woukd be some backup plan. Luckily, i am fairly well off financially so i can afford to pay OOP. What about those who cant? Can you imagine how embarassing that could be?

We can even get mugs to get a drink even though we paid for them.

There is simply no excuse.

They have known about this "system update" for awhile, as it has been posted on the DVC member website. I can't believe they didn't have a better plan than this. Sounds like management needs a reboot. I wonder how guests are faring at other resorts.

Stu29573
12-04-2012, 05:36 PM
You'd think an upgrade woukd be a no brainer. We were assigned a room as far away from the lobby as possibke facing a parking lot.

Ouch!

Fangorn
12-04-2012, 05:37 PM
It's affecting all of WDW. No resort reservations, or dining reservations can be made. If you're already here and have the dining plan, they will take it, but they can't tell you how many credits you have left. It's been very frustrating. Concierge can't even help with tickets. Tickets can only be purchased at the parks.

I can only imagine how many unhappy guests they have by now. We wee told yesterday that it would all be back up by 10 this morning. Its now 5:30 and everything is still down.

Steve

DizneyFreak2002
12-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Welcome to NextGen... LoL...

BrerGnat
12-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Things like this are bound to happen in this day and age.

I'm sure the CMs are just as frustrated as the guests.

Best to not stress over this kind of occurrence. It doesn't help the situation.

I hope these issues get resolved a.s.a.p., but complaining about having to pay OOP when its not a problem for you, and complaining about your room placement/implying that you should have gotten an upgrade doesn't seem productive at this point. Everyone is in the same boat. Enjoy your vacation and try to trust that Disney will work it out to your satisfaction.

Aurora
12-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Is everything back up again? No more notice on the DVC site. Parents and sis are arriving on Thursday; hopefully all problems are solved.

A Big Kid
12-04-2012, 07:40 PM

I'm sure thet CMs are just as frustrated as the guests.

I hope these issues get resolved a.s.a.p., but complaining about having to pay OOP when its not a problem for you, and complaining about your room placement/implying that you should have gotten an upgrade doesn't seem productive at this point. Everyone is in the same boat. Enjoy your vacation and try to trust that Disney will work it out to your satisfaction.
What is "not productive at this point" is your patronizing attitude. I worked hard to foot the couple of thousand dollars this trip cost. I paid on time and didnt cancel at the last minute. The LEAST one should expect is for Disney to uphold their end of the bargain. Anything less is unacceptable...... especially since YOU aren't here dealing with the baloney sandwich they are trying to feed us.

rnin02
12-04-2012, 07:49 PM
That sounds miserable. you would think some kind of backup paper records/punch cards/something would have been relatively easy to put in place for down time. hope its back to normal soon!

DizneyFreak2002
12-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Kid, I know it doesn't help, and it stinks going through what you went through, but this isn't a case of the computers just going down... And Disney acting like OOOPS OUR BAD is unprofessional and not very good customer service...

This is and was a planned outage of the reservations system... Nothing like disrupting the guests so they can update and upgrade for NextGen nonsense...

Hopefully the rest of your trip goes off without a hitch...

Dulcee
12-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Kid, I know it doesn't help, and it stinks going through what you went through, but this isn't a case of the computers just going down... And Disney acting like OOOPS OUR BAD is unprofessional and not very good customer service...

This is and was a planned outage of the reservations system... Nothing like disrupting the guests so they can update and upgrade for NextGen nonsense...

Hopefully the rest of your trip goes off without a hitch...

Unfortunately when your a resort open 24/7 365 days a year you will always upset someone when a system needs to come down to be upgraded.

And backing up a system with one that works as smoothly as the one in place never happens.

Best you can do is grin and bear it. A bad day at WDW still beats a good day here at work if you ask me.

DizneyFreak2002
12-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Unfortunately when your a resort open 24/7 365 days a year you will always upset someone when a system needs to come down to be upgraded.

And backing up a system with one that works as smoothly as the one in place never happens.

Best you can do is grin and bear it. A bad day at WDW still beats a good day here at work if you ask me.

Yep... it stinks... Happened to me last year.. They were upgrading their reservation system and the entire network was down when i went to check in.. Took 2 hours longer than it should have... It is frustrating... That is why I totally understand Kid's frustrations...

rnin02
12-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Another thought I just had, why are these upgrades starting in the day time? Maybe they aren't, they are just spilling over, but at my employer (hospital) they always start the updates in the middle of the night when they will have the least impact on services. Sometimes they run over, things happen, but there's at least the attempt to minimize impact. My DH is currently working on a project with his employer in which they are updating their servers constantly...and he always has to stay awake till 1 or 2 am on friday or saturday before things get started.

A Big Kid
12-04-2012, 09:00 PM
And the hits keep coming....come back to the room to TRY and relax....maybe hear Stacy's soothing voice, but Noooooooooo, the TV doesn't work!!!

And I forgot to mention, the DME driver made the first stop at Saratoga Springs, then, instead of turning right and driving 200 feet to the POFQ, he went to the Wilderness Lodge first.

I've had enough.

A Big Kid
12-04-2012, 09:06 PM

I get that. I really do, but if they make an error that costs me, I should be compensated.

Look, if I decided 45 days before my vacation to change my reservations, Disney would have hit me up for $250. If I didnt cancel my ADR at Le Cellier with 24 hours, Disney would have popped me for $40. No matter what excuse I gave them, they would have charged me. PERIOD. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect them to live up to their word or pay ME.

epceddie
12-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Wow, unbelievable is an understatement. So sorry to hear about what you're going through. I would have taken a photo of the parking lot view and gone back to the front desk. We got stuck in a really rotten room at OKW one time (after we were told we had a river view) and they switched me pronto.
I hope things turn around for you in a hurry. My wife and I check in at OKW on Sunday and I don't have a whole lot of confidence in Disney right now. I've been trying to do the online check-in since Monday, but the system has been unavailable, so it sounds like this whole mess got started a little early.
PS: You're right about the fact that Disney covers <itself> in terms of cancellations and missed reservations, but they're not so quick to atone when they screw up.

Mousemates
12-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Sorry the trip started out on a bad note...hopefully things will get back on track by morning...if I felt strongly that I had lost value on my vacation purchase I would go the squeaky wheel route too.

disneymom2000
12-05-2012, 12:16 AM
It appears the system is back up now. I just ran a reservation quote for a client and it seemed to be fine. Hopefully things will turn around for you now. Sorry you have had a bad time.

12-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Might have been Disney company wide and not just WDW. Made some reservations for Disneyland and had some issues. Notation at the top of the page that they were undergoing some upgrades and there might be some issues.

If it's any consolation, CM's don't get off much better. They upgrade Workbrain and the Cast Deployment System (CDS) what seems like monthly or at least very often. Messes up what we see as our work schedules a lot for the time it takes to do the upgrade. You can imagine what a mess that can be.

John
12-05-2012, 05:26 AM

I'm sure the CMs are just as frustrated as the guests.

I don't know about that - if I was there, I'd be pretty ticked. In fact, you might want to listen to the next INTERCOT Insider Podcast that will come out in a week.

It just seems systematic lately in that project plans aren't being thought about well enough as far as their impact on guests. I had a HUGE issue happen to me during our anniversary celebration.

Hoping things are ok by the time I get there later this morning.

John
12-05-2012, 05:31 AM
I get that. I really do, but if they make an error that costs me, I should be compensated.

Look, if I decided 45 days before my vacation to change my reservations, Disney would have hit me up for $250. If I didnt cancel my ADR at Le Cellier with 24 hours, Disney would have popped me for $40. No matter what excuse I gave them, they would have charged me. PERIOD. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect them to live up to their word or pay ME.

To me - asking a guest that is spending thousands of dollars on what might be a once in a lifetime trip - to grin and bear it is unacceptable.

If the system being down inconveniences your guests, you better have a back up plan in place and a method to handle complaints/inconveniences including possible compensation.

Many folks (most of us excluded) don't get a second chance to make their memories. Most of us are very fortunate to be able to go there every year or even multiple times a year. Things we might be able to brush off, will scar vacation memories for others.

BrerGnat
12-05-2012, 08:28 AM
A Big Kid:

I'm sorry that you feel that I was being patronizing. Honestly, that was not my intention and I apologize if it came off the wrong way.

Trust me, I know all about screw ups. I had my own snafus at my resort during ICOT15, so I get it. It is frustrating. I was pretty angry as well, but they did make it right. All it took was some effort on my part to speak to the appropriate managment and everything was dealt with to my satisfaction. I spent a couple hours being upset and whining about it, but then I realized that would get me nowhere and I had to take action with the manager. That is what I meant about being productive. Complaining here is unproductive at this point. Go complain to someone who has the power to make it right.

You said in your original post that Disney told you they would reimburse you for any OOP Dining Plan expenses later. Why are you so quick to assume that they won't? That was the reason for why I posted what I did. And, your room assignment had nothing to do with the system being down. Looking out to the parking lot is not "unacceptable" unless you booked an upgraded room category that they are trying to pass off.

I guess the main point I'm trying to make here is that when you are dependent on technology during your vacation, you have to know that there is always a possibility that the technology won't work correctly. If you want a vacation where this type of thing never happens, there are places you can go where you'll be "off the grid" totally.

We all know how reliable Disney's technology is. :rolleyes:

disney obsessed
12-05-2012, 08:32 AM
I am leaving for the world on friday and just called to check on things. ITS STILL DOWN. I could not do a thing.

Fangorn
12-05-2012, 09:47 AM
It appears the system is back up now. I just ran a reservation quote for a client and it seemed to be fine.

You now run quotes and look up ADR times on the web site. HOWEVER, you can't actually BOOK anything. Yesterday, if you tried to make ADRs on-line the site told you the system was undergoing maintenance and you couldn't do anything. Last night it let you get all the way through the process, including entering a credit card number, but when you click on the confirm button, you got a server error and were kicked out of the system. Really bad show.

According to the CMs I've spoken with, there were some backup procedures in place. Unfortunately, those procedures included every dining plan purchase having to be verified by the resort that credits were available. The problem there was that the resorts didn't have the staff to handle the load plus it turned out that the resorts didn't have access to the dining plan information either. As a systems guy, I'm amazed at Disney's apparent lack of understanding of how their systems work (or don't, as the case may be).

John, I hope your check-in goes well. Hopefully, for Disney's sake, they will get their systems back up before the press folks get here en masse.

Steve

A Big Kid
12-05-2012, 09:55 AM
A Big Kid:

Trust me, I know all about screw ups. I had my own snafus at my resort during ICOT15, so I get it. It is frustrating. I was pretty angry as well, but they did make it right. All it took was some effort on my part to speak to the appropriate managment and everything was dealt with to my satisfaction. I spent a couple hours being upset and whining about it, but then I realized that would get me nowhere and I had to take action with the manager. That is what I meant about being productive. Complaining here is unproductive at this point. Go complain to someone who has the power to make it right.

You said in your original post that Disney told you they would reimburse you for any OOP Dining Plan expenses later. Why are you so quick to assume that they won't? That was the reason for why I posted what I did. And, your room assignment had nothing to do with the system being down. Looking out to the parking lot is not "unacceptable" unless you booked an upgraded room category that they are trying to pass off.

I guess the main point I'm trying to make here is that when you are dependent on technology during your vacation, you have to know that there is always a possibility that the technology won't work correctly. If you want a vacation where this type of thing never happens, there are places you can go where you'll be "off the grid" totally.

We all know how reliable Disney's technology is. :rolleyes: stop digging when you hit the bottom.

This is the only place i voiced my opinion.

I never even suggested that i was concerned about not getting reimbursed. Not sure how you got there. My point was simple. We had a contract. I paid. I upheld my end of the contract and if I didnt, i would have to pay up. Disney didnt uphold their end
And i just have to deal with it

CuteAsMinnie
12-05-2012, 10:10 AM
I hope now that the Disney computer "seems" to be up and running everyone can have a blessed, magical day

:thumbsup:

Fangorn
12-05-2012, 10:26 AM
I was just able to complete an entire ADR transaction on-line. I either got very lucky of the systems are coming back up.

Steve

Goofy4TheWorld
12-05-2012, 11:32 AM
I am sorry, but Disney has become so dependent on computers for so much, there is NO excuse for an upgrade to have to paralyze the property 4 times a year. Disney's systems are extensive no doubt, but there are plenty of extensive computer systems in the world that NEVER go down, EVER, because they just can't. Why Disney does not have total system redundancy so that they can upgrade system 1 and still function on system 2 is beyond me.

rnin02
12-05-2012, 12:15 PM
I am sorry, but Disney has become so dependent on computers for so much, there is NO excuse for an upgrade to have to paralyze the property 4 times a year. Disney's systems are extensive no doubt, but there are plenty of extensive computer systems in the world that NEVER go down, EVER, because they just can't. Why Disney does not have total system redundancy so that they can upgrade system 1 and still function on system 2 is beyond me.

Completely agree. How often do you see Amazon go down? Just about never.

Fangorn
12-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Why Disney does not have total system redundancy so that they can upgrade system 1 and still function on system 2 is beyond me.

It's actually quite simple. Redundant and back-up systems cost money. And spending money is something that TDO does not do willingly. Extremely poor management IMHO.

Steve

magicofdisney
12-05-2012, 01:14 PM
This is one of the largest FAILS on Disney's part that I've read about in a long time. I agree with all that you're feeling. This would be utterly reprehensible if I had to deal with this on vacation. The worst computer glitch I've experienced was a room key not opening my room door immediately after check-in. Of course they want to blame me or my cell phone for that despite the key having no contact with the phone whatsoever.

This is definitely not the vacation from which dreams are made. It sounds like the only magic being spread is black magic. :(

TheVBs
12-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Oh wow. That is really awful. So sorry you're dealing with all this. I agree that you should be compensated somehow. I hope you take these issues to management. I realize it's probably happening to everyone else who checked in during this problem, but as a guest, that is not your problem. It's completely reasonable to expect the package you paid for to be in place. Hope they make it right and that you're able to experience some magic on this trip! Keep us updated.

waymickey
12-05-2012, 01:44 PM
If this had happened to me I would really be up a creek without a paddle. I budget my vacation very tightly and may not have had extra money to buy the food that I had prepaid on the DDP. Don't misunderstand I would work it out and feed my family but instead of sit downs we would be at the food courts and snack carts. I just wouldn't have the extra money. I would not let it ruin my vacation but I would be dissapointed and upset.

I would think Disney would lose some money with families spending souvenier money, boat rental money and other extras on food.

Janmac
12-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Look, if I decided 45 days before my vacation to change my reservations, Disney would have hit me up for $250. If I didnt cancel my ADR at Le Cellier with 24 hours, Disney would have popped me for $40. No matter what excuse I gave them, they would have charged me. PERIOD. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect them to live up to their word or pay ME. (my underline)

Abso-d*amn-lutely.

If I am unlucky enough to have this happen to me while at Disney, I will write to them, once I am home. And continue writing, up the ladder, until enough people get the message.

It's like insurance companies, etc. We must abide by their rules - why isn't it a two way street? I may be tilting at windmills, but I will still tilt.

Jan

epceddie
12-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Everything seems to be back online. It's 2:41 p.m. and I just completed my online check-in for Sunday's arrival. I had been trying to do that since Monday, but the system was unavailable. Took about five minutes to get it done today. Hope things are back on track and everyone can return to enjoying their magical vacations.

Aurora
12-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I have to say I feel for the CMs in this situation. They must have to deal with lots of crabbiness through no fault of their own. Here's a time where the cream really rises to the top and the crud sinks to the bottom. Hopefully everyone who's there can mention those CMs who help to make the situation more palatable to their guests.

Even though we paid months in advance for rooms and DDP, we have to pay out of pocket for our meals and we will be reimbursed later.

Here's the part that to me is the hardest to swallow. Can you imagine any other place in the world where a company would ask you to pay twice for the same thing and tell you you'll get your money back later? It's absurd. At best, it's yet another inconvenience you have to look forward to later to make sure you're reimbursed properly.

Again, I hope it all gets resolved for everyone in the end. I'm about to pop on the system now and check in my family for tomorrow. Crossing my fingers.

A Big Kid
12-05-2012, 04:37 PM
I have to say I feel for the CMs in this situation. They must have to deal with lots of crabbiness through no fault of their own. Here's a time where the cream really rises to the top and the crud sinks to the bottom. Hopefully everyone who's there can mention those CMs who help to make the situation more palatable to their guests.

I hear you. I did not DID NOT take out my frustrations on any CMs. In my view, they were just as much a victim as I was.

A Customer Service Manger called me today. (which was a little spooky because within 5 minutes of entering my room, the phone rang. Obviously, the electronic key told them when I arrived.). We had a convivial conversation in which I told him my frustrations with the system. He apologized and offered compensation for my troubles. I don't feel it is appropriate to disclose what the compensation was, but it was satisfactory to me.

I do hope others in my situation voiced their opinion as well. In recent years, Disney has bitten off way more than they can chew several times ( starting with Test Track, on to EE, this debaucle and more). They need to dial back a little or be prepared to deal with the consequences.

Aurora
12-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Glad to hear it. We had a couple of issues with our room last year and they offered us compensation without us asking. Nice to hear they're trying to make things right.

Still a couple of hiccups with the system (took four tries to get past the first menu) but I didn't finish the complete check-in -- not because of the system but cause Mom wants to do the whole shebang when she gets there. They're in no hurry on their arrival day. They do want to get park tickets at the resort, trusting that will go smoothly by tomorrow.

Has anyone heard from John? Hope no news is good news in this case.

DizneyFreak2002
12-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Glad to hear they righted the wrong for you and you were happy with their offering...

But Kid, you bring up something I think people are missing with this whole RFID/NextGen roll out... Tracking where you are every minute of the day... Lots of people want to try to say Disney won't be doing this, but let's face it, we know they will be... Sure, they know when we enter our hotel rooms, enter the parks, even where we are dining now... But, do you think they know when we are off property? Eating on I4? At Universal? SeaWorld? And what days we are there? Maybe in their minds since we aren't registering on their radar cause we did not enter the park... But these RFID chips that are in the new room keys or that will be in the bracelets we'll be forced to wear will no doubt be sending radio waves back to let them know where you are at exactly what minute of what day...

Don't think it can happen? Well, read the article about the student suing her school because their student IDs have RFID chips in them altering the school to the exact where abouts of the student...

But, this is a topic for another day.... Hope your trip is a good one Kid...

lawgirl
12-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Oh my goodness! You poor thing. I cannot imagine what my blood pressure would have been had that happened to me. I hate that it happened, and I hope it didn't completely ruin your trip.

I'm glad to hear that you were contacted by Disney and that you are satisfied with the compensation. I hope you can relax a little now and enjoy whatever remains of your trip.

Sending magical thoughts your way!

(Oh, and just my two cents, but this is a forum for Disney fans, right? Who better to voice your frustrations with than us? Better to let some steam off here than to keep it all inside and explode at some random person. I feel your pain, and I'm glad you are venting to us! Of course, management needs to hear all about it too, but sometimes you just want a friend to cry to. We're here for ya!)

lawgirl
12-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Oh and we are leaving Saturday for WDW. I hope the system is up and running by then! Yikes.

Is it the whole WDW computer system? So, they will have our reservation, right? You just can't make any new ones? We aren't on DDP, so thankfully that won't be an issue. But I do have some dining reservations that I made a while back.

Fangorn
12-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Oh and we are leaving Saturday for WDW. I hope the system is up and running by then! Yikes.

Is it the whole WDW computer system? So, they will have our reservation, right? You just can't make any new ones? We aren't on DDP, so thankfully that won't be an issue. But I do have some dining reservations that I made a while back.

As of around noon today, everything seems to be up and running. I seriously doubt you'll have any issues when you get here - at least not these issues.

I DID notice tonight that while the systems are working now, not all the transactions that happened yesterday have actually posted. Dining credits used last night haven't been deducted from the totals yet. Based on comments from the CMs, reconciling all of this is where the real nightmare is going to occur.

Steve

DisneyDawgette
12-05-2012, 09:36 PM
A Customer Service Manger called me today. (which was a little spooky because within 5 minutes of entering my room, the phone rang. Obviously, the electronic key told them when I arrived.). We had a convivial conversation in which I told him my frustrations with the system. He apologized and offered compensation for my troubles. I don't feel it is appropriate to disclose what the compensation was, but it was satisfactory to me.

So glad everything worked out for you! I know it's been tough (Lord knows I wouldn't be able to pay OOP), but at least they did try and make amends. The corporate side of Disney may be stingy as all get out, but Customer Service has always been what separates Disney from the pack, at least for me. :thumbsup:

Goofy4TheWorld
12-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Completely agree. How often do you see Amazon go down? Just about never.

Heck, I am pretty sure Intercot.com is housed in John's basement and it has only been down about 3 times in my time here! :D

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2012, 04:43 PM
If this had happened to me I would really be up a creek without a paddle. I budget my vacation very tightly and may not have had extra money to buy the food that I had prepaid on the DDP. Don't misunderstand I would work it out and feed my family but instead of sit downs we would be at the food courts and snack carts. I just wouldn't have the extra money. I would not let it ruin my vacation but I would be dissapointed and upset.

I would think Disney would lose some money with families spending souvenier money, boat rental money and other extras on food.

:exactly:

That's what I'm thinking too....I travel on a budget where I have it figured down to tip money and souvenier money and that's it. I do not possess a credit card and use my check/debit card when it requires I secure with a credit card. If I had ADR's at some nice TS restaurants and was told I couldn't use my meal plan and had to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed, I would not be able to eat in those places. I would be furious because I only get to go to WDW once every few years and a big part of the vacation to me is the TS meals. Yeah, that couldn't be reimbursed. No, the OP is totally in the right to complain here to be told you've got to grin and bear it because Disney uses modern technology would totally tick me off. It seems to me if Disney had to lose money and take everyone's word that they had the dining plan that's what they should do when the error is on their part.

kbean
12-07-2012, 11:04 AM
I would have reacted to the CM for making the Bush comment.

CMCTxMom
12-09-2012, 08:33 AM

Woooowwww...

Gator
12-09-2012, 11:33 PM

No way! I'm sure she wouldn't have appreciated my immediate opinion about the current state of a certain MK attraction. That's a situation I probably would've gotten the attention of a manager.

And I know what you mean about not feeling the magic over POFQ. We just got back from there after a 10 night stay. Even though it decorated and the resort was beautiful, I just wasn't feeling the magic from the CMs there. It's like it's a different culture there from the rest of WDW.

Cinderelley
12-11-2012, 02:16 PM
A Customer Service Manger called me today. (which was a little spooky because within 5 minutes of entering my room, the phone rang. Obviously, the electronic key told them when I arrived.).

This is creepy. I had no idea they did this.