PDA

View Full Version : Episode 43 - The Return of Darth Chinwattle

John
12-03-2012, 09:08 PM
The Cast: John, Carol, Christine, Michael, Gary & Ian- Wine & Dine Half Marathon and what’s a Swolphin?

- Food and Wine festival

- Starbucks coming to Walt Disney World - controversy on main street

- John was ill during the big day

- The Bathrooms in the Living Seas Salon - garlicly - and more bathroom talk

- Churro cart needs to be parked in front of the castle & the mythical cherry churro

- Art of Animation Resort - Thumbs up from John, Ian and Gary with one huge TURRIBLE exception - the food courts. Something needs to be done. It’s the least magical part of your vacation.

- The frustration of trying to get home during SuperStorm Sandy

- Coffee in the room

- Disney purchases Darth Chinwattle’s empire. INTERCOT Consulting has a plan to redo the studios. Gary offers his services.

- Phone discussion. John says naked phones and things devolve from there.

- Best of - Waste of Space suggested by iDisney. Carol says pleasure island. Christine’s says the Odyssey at Epcot. Ian says Wonders of Life at Epcot. Michael thinks the area between the Seas and Imagination is a concrete mess. Gary stays in Epcot and names the Outpost. John wants a resort between the TTC and the Contemporary.

- Prime Pick of the Week - Microsoft Surface Tablet (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009XKJ4H8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B009XKJ4H8&linkCode=as2&tag=intercotcom)

- Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

- Mermaids in Pirates of the Caribbean ride and what happened to the waterfall sounds at the beginning of the ride? Is it broke? Where is ghost monkey?

- Effects on rides that are not working.

- Customer Service in all aspects of life

- Carol talks about Disney running the monorail for INTERCOT guests alone. THAT’S Magical

- Wi-Fi in the parks

- Carol subs for Mel

*****Brought to you by:
Magical Journey’s (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)
The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC)

>> LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, SHARE, LOVE, ENJOY! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2012/episode-43.asp)

MelissaW
12-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Yeah!!! Been checking for the new Episode - can't wait to be late for work tomorrow morning while I listen to it getting ready! :blush: :cloud9:

PirateLover
12-03-2012, 11:17 PM
What a nice birthday present. I'll be listening in the car tomorrow. :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
12-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Yay! Will be able to listen at work before leaving in four days. :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
12-04-2012, 10:42 AM
OMG...Woolworths referance. Love. My office at work looks out on to what was once a woolworths. Dies, and goes back to listening.

Dopey's Girl
12-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Just finished. You all seriously make me laugh. Here are my thoughts...

Dining plan. I hate it...they need a special line just for new DDP people. I'm always stuck behind the person who has no earthly idea what they are doing, and they take a hundred years to figure it out. They also need a tutorial for everyone before they release their dining credits. So annoying!

Biggest waste of space...The noodle station in MK. Though it was a great place for the Icot15 Magical Journeys meet, it's a waste of space the rest of the year. They could be putting that space to a much better use than just hosting the dessert party.

I have to say that I'm totally with Ian on the Pirates "improvements." It took them days to get it working, and when I rode (more than once) all it was is lighter colored bubbles. The mermaid skeleton is cool, but the rest of it was really unimpressive. Thumbs down.

Melanie
12-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Biggest waste of space...The noodle station in MK. Though it was a great place for the Icot15 Magical Journeys meet, it's a waste of space the rest of the year. They could be putting that space to a much better use than just hosting the dessert party.

Yes, should have put Starbucks here! I would have tied that into the Starbucks conversation as well. :)

I have to say that I'm totally with Ian on the Pirates "improvements." It took them days to get it working, and when I rode (more than once) all it was is lighter colored bubbles. The mermaid skeleton is cool, but the rest of it was really unimpressive. Thumbs down.

I really liked the Pirates "enhancements". We saw the mermaid in the water, and I love how they immersed the song in as well. For what little trouble and inconvenience it was to the guest, I think it's a good addition.

TinkerbellT421
12-05-2012, 07:38 AM
My best of waste of space would be Wonders of life Pavillion. Sitting there empty, or used as storage. Either way, disney do something with it!

I have a hilarious Apple users on video on YouTube. Anyway in posting it?

Melanie
12-05-2012, 07:49 AM
My best of waste of space would be Wonders of life Pavillion. Sitting there empty, or used as storage. Either way, disney do something with it!

At least they do use it for the Festivals, which ends up being about 5 months out of the year. And it's not just to sell stuff. They do presentations and special programs in there. I like going in just to 'remember when', and use the bathrooms where you still have to manually turn on the water and flush. OMG - there I go with the bathrooms stuff again. ;)

My biggest waste of space would have probably been the Streets of America, specifically New York Street. Besides being put to excellent use during the Osborne Lights, it really serves no purpose. :shrug:

TinkerbellT421
12-05-2012, 08:13 AM
At least they do use it for the Festivals, which ends up being about 5 months out of the year. And it's not just to sell stuff. They do presentations and special programs in there. I like going in just to 'remember when', and use the bathrooms where you still have to manually turn on the water and flush. OMG - there I go with the bathrooms stuff again. ;)

My biggest waste of space would have probably been the Streets of America, specifically New York Street. Besides being put to excellent use during the Osborne Lights, it really serves no purpose. :shrug:

That's a very good point. I completely forgot about that area.....

Ya know, and the other waste of space would definitely be LMA. I really hope they get rid of that waste of a show. lol. Wow, I think the grumpiness has rubbed off on me and I will be there in three days lol

BriarRose0708
12-05-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm going to stay with the trend of the last couple posts and say biggest waste of space is all of Hollywood Studios in general. Sounds Dangerous sits there dormant, although technically it's listed as "seasonal." The sound stages are rarely used anymore and LMA, while cool to see once, isn't worth repeating. The layout of the park is confusing and "Pixar Place" only has one Pixar themed ride and a meet and greet. When MGM opened there were only two rides (Backlot tour and GMR) but everything they've added on since was piecemeal and the "flow" from one area to another is not there. Lots of missteps and missed opportunities.

I don't mind Starbucks going in Main St. Bakery, but for me I don't really hit up the bakery on my trips. I prefer to eat breakfast in my room and hit the park full speed at opening. It's just not an "institution" for me as it is to others. I am annoyed that they couldn't dump Nescafe and go with a better coffee supplier resort-wide. Don't spend all this money on Starbucks and renovating space just for two locations.

jennsky
12-06-2012, 07:13 PM
OMG, I was totally laughing listening to the talk about the bathrooms at the Living Seas. I swear it was like walking into a wall of death. It was horrible. Certainly made for no lineups in there....no one could hold their breath that long! :ill:

And I did notice the flavours for the coffees during breakfast that day too. I ABSOLUTELY agree there should be sugar-free options!

I didn't realize John was feeling ill that whole Saturday of ICOT15. Having never met him before I didn't know whether that was his usual "friendly" self or not!! You just seemed distant/distracted....I figured you were stressed about the day's events. That's that horrible you weren't able to enjoy things to the fullest, but let me just say that we Canadians had a blast!!! :thumbsup:

Septbride2002
12-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Fun Podcast guys! I was cracking up at John, Gary, and Ian arguing over the "superiority" of applie products. We are the only non iphone users in our small circle of friends and we are always getting made fun of for it.

When Cindy commented on the music from Indiana Jones being great I replied in unison with John, "John Williams." Man is a Legend.

I am also okay with Main St. Bakery giving way to Starbucks. Even if it isn't the best coffee on the planet it is 100 times better then what is served now.

Waste of Space - Sounds Dangerous - please put something cool in that space :D

~Amanda

John
12-08-2012, 11:19 AM
I didn't realize John was feeling ill that whole Saturday of ICOT15. Having never met him before I didn't know whether that was his usual "friendly" self or not!! You just seemed distant/distracted....I figured you were stressed about the day's events. That's that horrible you weren't able to enjoy things to the fullest, but let me just say that we Canadians had a blast!!! :thumbsup:

Yeah, sorry about that - it was definitely combo of being concerned about what's going on and not feeling that great.

Normally I'd be a little distracted on the big event day and pretty chill the rest of the weekend. I think I had one adult beverage the whole day at jellyrolls - and it was a sweet lemonade thing at that. It's about all my stomach could take. Couldn't even enjoy Jellyrolls like I normally would.

dpamac
12-08-2012, 03:47 PM

I'm going to stay with the trend of the last couple posts and say biggest waste of space is all of Hollywood Studios in general. Sounds Dangerous sits there dormant, although technically it's listed as "seasonal." The sound stages are rarely used anymore and LMA, while cool to see once, isn't worth repeating. The layout of the park is confusing and "Pixar Place" only has one Pixar themed ride and a meet and greet. When MGM opened there were only two rides (Backlot tour and GMR) but everything they've added on since was piecemeal and the "flow" from one area to another is not there. Lots of missteps and missed opportunities.

That is all solved in my plan for the Studios that will provide two themed areas involving Indiana Jones and the Star Wars universe. Streets of America would no longer exist, though I would take Osbourne into consideration with its replacement. That whole section of the park is kind of wasted space.

Ian
12-13-2012, 12:45 PM
We are the only non iphone users in our small circle of friends and we are always getting made fun of for it. As it should be in a world that is good and just. :D

John
12-13-2012, 01:05 PM
As it should be in a world that is good and just. :D

Fanboi. :ill: