PDA

View Full Version : Recent stay at Carousel Inn

Mary Chase
12-02-2012, 02:56 PM
We are just back from our first DLR trip - stayed at the Carousel Inn. Just a few thoughts:

1. Room was average - clean, somewhat updated. We had a basic room- so we had carpet (I guess some rooms have hard wood floors) and we did not have the marble bathrooms. So I assume some of the rooms were better than what we had.

2. Continental Breakfast - We went up one day for it - kids didn't like anything and we had brought cereal if that was the case. The rest of the week we ate granola bars and cereal in our rooms - the best benefit we got from the breakfast was being able to get milk for the kids cereal. The pastries were stale. The breakfast room was insanely crowded. If you are thinking that the free continental breakfast is a selling point of the hotel for you, I would say it was not worth it.

3. Location - could not be better - absolutely loved being able to walk to the parks! I really think that was the best thing about the hotel.

In conclusion - it was a good hotel for the money - the location made it worth it. The rooms were decently clean. The first impression when we got there - we thought it was going to be bad (just from the outside of the hotel and comparing it with a "moderate" hotel at WDW.) But overall, if I were to go to DLR again and wanted a good location, clean rooms with decent prices - I would stay here again.

frozman
12-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Glad to here you enjoyed yourself. I'm actually going out there on Sunday, I learned I would have the opportunity just last week and I jumped at it. However I am extremely budget minded for this trip (I'm off to school in a month), so I am cutting corners wherever I can. I certainly would have prefferred a place within walking distance, but I ended up way down at Comfort Inn Maingate, where you have to take a shuttle. But for the $44/night (it was a hotwire hotel), I certainly can't complain.

How crowded were the parks?
How long was the wait for Radiator Springs Racers?