PDA

View Full Version : Happy WDW Thoughts?

SandmanGStefani24
12-02-2012, 03:46 AM
Should be planning my next WDW trip, but am not sure it may happen bc of work constraints, ect. Am trying to think of good WDW thoughts to counter the negatives...

Here are a few of mine...

The feeling of walking off the plane and knowing all of MCO by memory...

The feeling of driving down 417 and knowing WDW has a room waiting for you, and that you have a full trip of memories waiting for you...

The idea that you are going to be just a little bit nicer to strangers while at WDW

And the idea that you are going to be away from reality for a few precious days...

The feeling of energy you get when walking up Main Street for the first time on your trip...

What do you wish you were feeling that WDW can give you right now?

mechanic
12-02-2012, 04:11 AM
Feeling almost like homecoming when we drive under the big sign.
The memories triggered by sights and smells such as potc queue, and the fireworks show, and the food shops.
Fun times with my four boys (16-24 now) who all still enjoy disney.
The people from all over the world we've met and connected with if just for a few minutes.

bruin1344
12-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Happiness of being away from the stresses of real world when I arrive at the resorts or after i cross the front gate at MK or Epcot.

darthmacho
12-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Ugh, I hear you. I'm still paying for our August trip, have no idea when our next trip might be, and I noticed I've been avoiding these boards because I get really bummed out even thinking about WDW.

However, since you are trying to be positive, here are some of my "Happy WDW Thoughts"...

Remembering our recent 14-day "Dream Trip" and how WDW was our "Home" for 2 full weeks!
Exploring Pop Century and Art of Animation for the first time.
Our traditional breakfast at Crystal Palace on the first full day of the trip.
Riding the "new" Dumbo at Storybook Circus.
Riding Toy Story Mania and new Star Tours for the first time.
Our traditional visit to the Wilderness Lodge, the best meal ever at Artist Point, and seeing the Electrical Water Pageant again.
Having our "spot" for the Main Street Electrical Parade.
Jungle Cruise, Great Movie Ride, Muppets 3D, and appreciating attractions that aren't all "thrills".
Zebra Domes at Boma.
Fourteen days spent, with two or three days for each park, no car needed, nor any reason to leave WDW property.
Drinking coffee from my vintage looking WDW Mickey Mouse mug.

Sigh,,,

sportsguy2315
12-02-2012, 08:22 PM
I have a ton of them, mainly having to do with my DCP days:

Going to a park or walking around a resort after work "Just because".
Thinking of all the amazing guests and Cast Members I met during my time there and the magic I was able to create, both on stage and as a guest.
Being able to do an E Ticket 3-4 times in a row because it's close to or is walk on.
Riding the monorail to stay cool and/or dry.
Especially now with the holidays, going around and seeing the different displays and themes.
Going to my "quiet place" on property, POR.
How, after all these years, I still laugh at Muppetvision 3-D.

stephicakes
12-03-2012, 01:12 PM
I hear ya! We just went in September but I want to go back already again. For us, the excitement starts when we pull out our suitcases and start planning what to pack! I love departure day and waking up early to get on that flight that takes us to Disney. Once we reach MCO, the trip really begins! I love that first time you walk into your resort and realize your entire vaca is ahead of you! It just really sinks in for me then :number1:

I also love evening time at the parks after getting in some rest & relaxation at the resort pool. One of the best feelings for me is walking into EPCOT WS and experiencing all the sights, sounds & smells and enjoying dinner and drinks in the beautiful evening air. Love it!! :D

Until we go again, I will continue to listen to Disney music while I cook dinner or clean the house. Listening to Intercot podcasts helps us to get our “fix” too!

You are not alone!! Hang in there!
:magic:

tomorrow land fan
12-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Finally getting luggage at mco baggage claim!

The pool @ the dolphin (all day instead of the parks!!)

First time back on the monorail & resort hopping

Seeing spaceship earth from the boardwalk after a year!

Drinks @ Mizners while the band plays...

As I get older I find I enjoy the resorts & the dining & the pools much more than the parks. That being said it's still WDW & I'll always dig it.

Tigerinvestigator
12-19-2012, 12:00 PM
I have many that I tend to draw from when the stress of my jobs gets to me.

I agree with with the previous poster that the grotto underneath the waterfall at the Dolphin is my favorite place on earth. Spending a few hours there can lower my bloodpressure considerably.

Others are:
-Dusk just about anywhere at WDW is my favorite time. Walking to Epcot from the Dolphin via the BW or Yacht and Beach Clubs and seeing everyone headed back to the parks or dressed for dinner. Kinda like everyone has been renewed or refreshed for the evening.

-Sitting on the balcony looking out at "the world" on your first night of vacation, knowing you have a whole week or longer ahead of you is an awesome feeling.

-The atmosphere of dinner at Ohanas is always a favorite. Everyone happy and all the families gathered together. We walk the Poly grounds and just soak up the atmosphere like tiki torches, the palm trees and plants blowing in the evening breeze and the smell of the Great Ceremonial house!

-Late night memories of the MK. The crowds are gone, the lines are short and they even ask you if you want to stay on the ride or get off. Walking through Frontierland with no one around or down Mainstreet USA with almost no one there. Sitting in the rocking chairs and watching people leave the park.

-Sitting in your resort room while it rains in the afternoon. The smell of the Florida rain and a good nap before returning to the parks for the evening is always very peaceful.

-Playing with my girls all day without having to worry about work, or this crazy world we live in. They say WDW is their favorite time with me their Daddy. They think I am much more fun at WDW, and they are probably right!:thumbsup:

RavsRuleDisney!
12-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Oooh, nice post -- we just 'upped' our next trip from Nov. '13 to March '13 so 90 days or so and off we go!! :thumbsup:

Happy Disney thoughts in the meantime....

+ Those Disney "smells"....you obviously get them there but sometimes you pick them up during your everyday, non Disney life too

+ Anytime one of our 2 DS' tries a new ride/attraction, food, etc.

+ We have driven the last few trips and I don't mind (don't ask the DW!). Passing all Pedro signs, the temperature warming as you go, cup of OJ at the FLA greeting center, and the anticipation as you finally near the entrance to WDW!! :clappy::joy::fworks:

DisneyorBust
12-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Many happy thoughts here as well !
These sometimes get me thru rough days at work and times that I need a little "mental vacation" :D

* Even though I work at an airport, when I'm driving there to fly to MCO, it is much more exciting.
*Stepping onto Magical Express
*Pulling up to our resort, knowing that for the next few days DW and I are in our "Happy Place"
*Strolling around the World Showcase, probably DW and my favorite time to spend in WDW.
*Like Tigerinvestigator stated, dusk in WDW is a favorite time to be in a park or enjoying the resort.
*BGM, always sets the mood.

*Spending relaxing time with my DW and my adult children (when they can go with us) is worth every penny.
*Not being concerned that work will call and interrupt the vacation, leaving the stress of the job behind.

kemps@wdw
01-01-2013, 08:08 PM
*how happy it makes us feel when we know we're going.
*how REALLY happy it makes us feel when we're there.
*the idea, even for a short time, that we can escape our realities and simply enjoy.
*the wonderful fact that even at my age and after more than 15 visits to the World, I still get excited at the anticipation of our next visit.
*knowing that when we go back, I'll still find something new and wonderful!

WDWParrothead
01-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Here are a few of mine...

-Sitting at the airport waiting for the trip to start, knowing that WDW is only a few hours away. This is one of the most exciting moments for me.

-Seeing the Magical Express buses lined up at MCO and ready to go.

-The moment when the resort doors open and you step into the lobby.

-The Boardwalk at night, with the lights reflecting off the water, music playing on the breeze, and knowing that Epcot is open just a while longer.

Janmac
01-02-2013, 10:25 AM
What do you wish you were feeling that WDW can give you right now?

Warm sunshine . . .

Jan :freeze:

peemagg
01-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Warm sunshine . . .

Jan :freeze:

:thumbsup:

ransam
01-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Sitting on the Magical Express watching the movie!
getting off the resort bus the first time and a feeling of home surrounds you.
going through the walkways on either side, going around the loop and seeing the castle for the first time.
Feeling the ache in your feet at night, but it's a good ache.
waking up the first morning and getting ready to go to the park.
It's a world of laughter ringing in your ear.

dixielandings
01-02-2013, 05:06 PM
The feeling of being home when we're there...

Relaxing on the balcony, wherever we are...

The ability to take it slow, since we've been so many times and nothing is a "must-do" anymore except relaxing and having fun

The lights going down and the "mmmwhaaaaa" at the start of the MSEP!!!

Cali Grill...wine and fireworks from the Observation deck

Space Mountain

I could go on...(sigh)

GBBT
01-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Standing outside MK when the "Good Morning" show starts with a tear in your eye realizing you're getting ready to walk under the train station and stepping into your "Laughing Place".:cloud9:

Cheshire_Girl
01-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Disney Days are the only days that I jump right up when the alarm goes off.
Most Disney Days I have to get up even earlier then I do on a work day...and it simply doesn't matter.
As soon as we hit I-4 I know I'm on the way home. And the Tiki Room is there and the birds are singing just for me...
And there will be a warm cream cheese filled pretzel for me at the Launching Pad...
And I know that pin I have been looking for is here in the park...today! And I'm going to find it...
And maybe today they will have the wishing box at the Emporium...(Oh I'll never forget the first time a CM asked me if I had a wish for the box)
And Maybe...Just maybe...Today I will hit everything I aim for at the shooting arcade...
Tiki Room...Now Please.

emerzmom
01-03-2013, 04:42 PM
From the moment I book my resort the trip has essentially started because I think about and plan my trip every day until I get there.
:tink:
Julie