PDA

View Full Version : Night Viewings @AKL?

jwallace378
12-01-2012, 03:34 PM
We're going to AKL next Saturday (12/8) for a week and I had heard there are night viewings of the animals through night vision goggles? Has anyone ever heard of this or done this? If so, is it an extra charge and when do they do this? Thanks.

faline
12-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I've thought about doing this but never actually got around to it. I do not believe there is an extra charge.

DizneyRox
12-01-2012, 05:56 PM
No charge, the CM has a set of glasses that are passed around. It's done at Jambo House as well as Kidani Village.

Head out the back of the lobby and out as far as you can get for either resort I believe.

epceddie
12-01-2012, 06:42 PM
We came back from dinner one night to find two zebra grazing right in front of our savannah-view balcony at Kidani Village. We just sat there and watched them for about a half hour before they left.
They do have night-vision goggles available, but we never got a chance to use them. We saw plenty of animals in the late afternoon and early evening from the balcony.

buzznwoodysmom
12-01-2012, 07:05 PM
We've done this at Jambo House once. There was no charge. There were 2 CMs with night vision goggles and you had to wait your turn in line. At Jambo it was done toward the back of the pool area. I remember walking through the pool area and on the side of the pool bar.

It didn't take very long for it to be our turn and we didn't feel rushed at all by the CMs. They allowed the kids all the time they wanted and pointed out where to look for the animals. The kids thought it was very cool just to be able to use the goggles. It was very dark out and we couldn't see the animals without the goggles so it was definitely different than watching from your balcony.