PDA

View Full Version : Crowds at MK Christmas Day

pixiesmimi
11-30-2012, 06:33 PM
I know that MK is very crowded on Christmas Day. What is the earliest that they close for crowds that day and are any of the other parks closed for capacity that day? Have you experienced being able to get into MK later in the day Christmas?

buzznwoodysmom
11-30-2012, 08:44 PM
We went to Animal Kingdom last year on Christmas day. We got to the park around 11am and there were already signs out announcing that MK was closed. Not sure how long MK had been closed at that point. When we left AK around 4ish, the signs were still there. After our dinner at WL I called the front desk to see if MK was open and it was. This was around 6:30-7pm. Again not sure how long it had been open at that point. We were going to go to MK that evening, but the line to take the boat from WL to MK was enough to change our minds. Instead we spent a wonderful, quiet evening at the lodge.

As far as we could tell none of the other parks closed that day. Animal Kingdom was very managable. There were lots, and lots of people, but lines weren't really that long. We road EE two or three times if my momory is correct! I think we also did FOTLK, Dinosaur, Tough to be a Bug, Primevil Whirl, and perhaps one or two other things. Not everything in the park, but plenty considering it was Christmas Day and we were only in the park for maybe 5 hours.

mechanic
11-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Christmas eve has been a light crowd day in the past...

Main Street Jim
12-01-2012, 09:45 AM
MK can reach capacity by 10am on Christmas Day, opening at 7am.