PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Ian and his Stupid Castle

TinkerbellT421
11-30-2012, 03:02 PM
So, after the request of John in Podcast #41 for someone to wrangle and relisten to EVERY SINGLE LAST (except the Podcast that went missing obviously ;) ) PODCAST....I have, relistened, to, EVERY, SINGLE, ONE.....AGAIN.....(since my last mission to right all Best-Of's)...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE :drummer::drum:

17 Castle Stay mentions...yes, I said 17. Over the course of 11 podcasts. ;)

I have the castle mentions written down by minute per episode if desired. Don't laugh at my OCD ;)

And for the record. Every Castle mentioned except two were mentioned by someone, other than Ian.

That was a lot of work :D

disneymom15
11-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Holy cow, that must have been ALOT of work.
Thanks for the info.

Jim&AngieMarriner
11-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Wow,
Awesome work! :thumbsup:

With this and the best of list you created and keep up on, you should be on the payroll. I know it is probably a labor of love. But I am thinking it is worth a Yeti T Shirt or something like that.

What do you think John? Has Tonya earned a bit of SWAG??

TinkerbellT421
11-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Wow,
Awesome work! :thumbsup:

With this and the best of list you created and keep up on, you should be on the payroll. I know it is probably a labor of love. But I am thinking it is worth a Yeti T Shirt or something like that.

What do you think John? Has Tonya earned a bit of SWAG??

I like the way you think! :D

I confess it was definitely a labor of love! For all the hard work John and the admins do, it was the least I could do...(think that was enough brown nosing? ;) )

DVCBob
11-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Wow...you really need to find a boyfriend or something.
HEY, I've got an idea!!!!!!!
Come to Disney World with me next week!!!!:blush:

TinkerbellT421
11-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Wow...you really need to find a boyfriend or something.
HEY, I've got an idea!!!!!!!
Come to Disney World with me next week!!!!:blush:

That's a great idea babe, now about that bf thing....is Johnny Depp available?

Christine
11-30-2012, 07:13 PM
So, after the request of John in Podcast #41 for someone to wrangle and relisten to EVERY SINGLE LAST (except the Podcast that went missing obviously ;) ) PODCAST....I have, relistened, to, EVERY, SINGLE, ONE.....AGAIN.....(since my last mission to right all Best-Of's)...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE :drummer::drum:

17 Castle Stay mentions...yes, I said 17. Over the course of 11 podcasts. ;)

I have the castle mentions written down by minute per episode if desired. Don't laugh at my OCD ;)

And for the record. Every Castle mentioned except two were mentioned by someone, other than Ian.

That was a lot of work :D

What is this about Ian and the castle?! ;) :stir:

Carol
11-30-2012, 07:32 PM
AND ......

Did you know Mel has been to DisneySea?

John's favorite attraction is Horizons.

Carol loves Disneyland.

Gary has a fondness for beer.

:joy:

:yeti:

TinkerbellT421
11-30-2012, 07:34 PM
AND ......

Did you know Mel has been to DisneySea?

John's favorite attraction is Horizons.

Carol loves Disneyland.

Gary has a fondness for beer.

:joy:

:yeti:

:thumbsup: and per Ian's request I calculated Mel's disney sea mentions. I started tracking johns horizon mentions, and he takes the cake. Literally at least once per episode lol

Carol
11-30-2012, 07:37 PM
LOL, Tonya.

John mentions Horizons more than Gary does Beer?

Melanie
11-30-2012, 07:44 PM
And seriously, do I really mention DisneySea (the coolest Disney park in the world, btw ;) ) that much? :cool:

Melanie
11-30-2012, 07:45 PM
;)

Beer. Heh - Frozen Kirin! Yum. :sumo: :beer:

TinkerbellT421
11-30-2012, 08:28 PM
LOL, Tonya.

Close! Cause I'm pretty sure Gary mentions beer ATLEAST once a podcast! Lol

TinkerbellT421
11-30-2012, 08:30 PM
And seriously, do I really mention DisneySea (the coolest Disney park in the world, btw ;) ) that much? :cool:

And of course I left my paper I was keeping track on at work! Lol. I will update you on Monday ;)

;)

Beer. Heh - Frozen Kirin! Yum. :sumo: :beer:

Mmm, beer, I'm looking forward to trying that!!! that might have to be the beer we grab when we meet up with Christine. I heard she can always be coaxed in running over to Epcot to meet up with us for a beer....or two? Seeing she doesn't have to drive home! Lol

MelissaW
11-30-2012, 11:04 PM
I find it very hard to believe that all three of John, Ian and Gary have not weighed in on this topic. Or at the very least have not responded with a snide comment or two in their own defense! Ha!
:fresh:

Ian
12-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I stayed in the Castle?

taleasoldastime
12-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Close! Cause I'm pretty sure Gary mentions beer ATLEAST once a podcast! Lol

Every podcast I have to do a double take because Gary talks about beer more than boys my age going to UT down the street from me do.
I have a feeling beer mentions are greater than castle mentions and disney sea mentions combined.:)

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-01-2012, 07:30 AM

You stayed in the castle? I don't think you've ever mentioned that before! ;)

Melanie
12-01-2012, 08:11 AM

Right on cue.

John
12-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Greatest. Ride. Ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9IJzRvmwg

SBETigg
12-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Tonya, applause! Amazing. Every time I listen to a whole podcast (fantastic as they are), I say to myself "Wow, I can't believe I listened to the whole thing." Because they are long. But worth it. But you went back and listened carefully and took notes. That's awesome.

TinkerbellT421
12-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Tonya, applause! Amazing. Every time I listen to a whole podcast (fantastic as they are), I say to myself "Wow, I can't believe I listened to the whole thing." Because they are long. But worth it. But you went back and listened carefully and took notes. That's awesome.

Thank you! Yea it was tough. Listening at work and taking as many calls as I do on a daily basis I was constantly pausing, rewinding, relistening. It took a long time, but I pulled it off lol, somehow, don't know how.

dpamac
12-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Well, I mention beer because I'm usually drinking a beer while we're talking. And we're not talking PBR. This is the good stuff.

Also, I like beer. It's the reason I get up in the afternoon.

I'd like to back up Mel on DisneySea. I tease her about it but that's because I'm insanely jealous. Traveling to Japan terrifies me because I'm not an adventurous eater like the rest of my family, so I'm positive I'd starve to death around Japanese cuisine, which they love. But I'd ignore all my fears to literally spend an entire week in that one park. The attention to detail is astounding and I want to see it up close.

TinkerbellT421
12-01-2012, 05:17 PM
I too only tease Mel about disney sea cause I'm highly jealous! The chances of me ever going to Disneyland are slim, Japan? Even slimmer lol.

Mmm, beer....

Gary, you have NEVER tried sushi? I'm sure there has to be something Japanese you would eat? That or just pack a million packs of peanut butter crackers lol

Melanie
12-01-2012, 07:22 PM

:notworth:

I'd like to back up Mel on DisneySea. I tease her about it but that's because I'm insanely jealous. Traveling to Japan terrifies me because I'm not an adventurous eater like the rest of my family, so I'm positive I'd starve to death around Japanese cuisine, which they love. But I'd ignore all my fears to literally spend an entire week in that one park. The attention to detail is astounding and I want to see it up close.

Gary, James spent a lot of time in Thailand and hates Thai food. You could do it!

Christine
12-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Well, I mention beer because I'm usually drinking a beer while we're talking. And we're not talking PBR. This is the good stuff. Like Beast Light? :D (did everyone else drink this rubbish in college?! Milwaukee's Best Light?! :beer::sick::ack: )

Best. Sentence. Ever.

dpamac
12-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Gary, James spent a lot of time in Thailand and hates Thai food. You could do it!

They love Thai too. I'm sure I'd find some simple foods that don't freak me out. I am a simple man. That Japanese dinner that my wife and kids devoured for my wife's birthday consisted mostly of me eating rice and noodles while trying to understand what the sauce on my chicken was supposed to be.

Though there are things I do like. Simple meals prepared with katsu sauce I'm good with.

Gary, you have NEVER tried sushi? I'm sure there has to be something Japanese you would eat? That or just pack a million packs of peanut butter crackers lol

My family loves sushi. I do not. I try anything more than once. One of my big things is I really, really, really do not like seafood. Never have. (Again, my wife and daughters love it.) So that's a big barrier to a lot of dishes. I'm sure I'd find something.

The other thing is, outside of a few things like Disneyland and Tokyo, most of the things I really want to visit in Japan are outside of big cities. Who knows, maybe I'd discover I really do love the cuisine if I'm immersed in it.

TinkerbellT421
12-02-2012, 12:06 PM
They love Thai too. I'm sure I'd find some simple foods that don't freak me out. I am a simple man. That Japanese dinner that my wife and kids devoured for my wife's birthday consisted mostly of me eating rice and noodles while trying to understand what the sauce on my chicken was supposed to be.

Though there are things I do like. Simple meals prepared with katsu sauce I'm good with.

My family loves sushi. I do not. I try anything more than once. One of my big things is I really, really, really do not like seafood. Never have. (Again, my wife and daughters love it.) So that's a big barrier to a lot of dishes. I'm sure I'd find something.

The other thing is, outside of a few things like Disneyland and Tokyo, most of the things I really want to visit in Japan are outside of big cities. Who knows, maybe I'd discover I really do love the cuisine if I'm immersed in it.

Can always request the vegetable sushi's. we used to get a sweet potato roll for a niece of mine cause she loved the fact she wanted to eat sushi with us but she didn't like seafood. Though that's the local Japanese restaurants, not sure how accommodating Japan itself is. You may have to get to the point of starvation and force yourself to eat it and discover your dislikes may change ;) I'm just totally trying to talk you into Japan, really. Lol

Ed
12-03-2012, 07:08 AM

You stayed in the castle? I don't think you've ever mentioned that before! ;)

WHAT ?????? :jaw:

You stayed WHERE ?????? Why haven't you told us about that ? C'mon, fess up. We want to hear every single detail!

;)

TinkerbellT421
12-03-2012, 10:17 AM
WHAT ?????? :jaw:

You stayed WHERE ?????? Why haven't you told us about that ? C'mon, fess up. We want to hear every single detail!

;)

:stir::dighole: lol!!

BTW, Mel has 20 DisneySea mentions. Which includes the debate of whether any of you would trade a Castle Stay for a Tokyo visit :D

dpamac
12-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Hey guys? Guys? Guess what!

Beer.

TinkerbellT421
12-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Hey guys? Guys? Guess what!

Beer.

We are at the boardwalk now....taking a walk shortly to Hess to stock up on our weeks worth supply of beer.....yes BEER :beer:

2Epcot
12-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Nice work Tonya. I always enjoy listening to the podcasts on my long commutes in Los Angeles traffic. Though I'm usually behind, as I am now, because I listen to two other daily podcasts as well which are both longer than the Intercot ones. The reoccurring mentions of things by the cast, as well as when things get off track always make me laugh.

Ian
12-13-2012, 12:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGrcLgnuVO0

Greatest. Hotel room. Ever.

Melanie
12-13-2012, 03:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOaxMB7neR8

Best. Theme Park. Ever.

MelissaW
12-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Greatest. Ride. Ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9IJzRvmwg

OK - I just watched this video of Horizons - Now I understand why John always talks about this and says how much he misses it. While I understand that Disney might have taken it out because it would seem dated at this time. But so does COP at the end scene. But that is what makes it actually so cool! That this is the vision from so long ago about what the future looked liked to people and the imagineers. I for one would definately ride this ride more than once. Even now! I am a reminiscant sort of gal so that is why I love the classics, etc. Plus, it seems sad and shame that somewhere in the great big storage spaces of WDW there are all of these really great props, animitronics, etc. just sitting there waiting to be used again. Thanks for the posting John - never thought to look up Horizons on youtube till now - and glad you uploaded it and I saw it here on Intercot! :thumbsup:

John
12-13-2012, 09:45 PM
OK - I just watched this video of Horizons - Now I understand why John always talks about this and says how much he misses it. While I understand that Disney might have taken it out because it would seem dated at this time. But so does COP at the end scene. But that is what makes it actually so cool! That this is the vision from so long ago about what the future looked liked to people and the imagineers. I for one would definately ride this ride more than once. Even now! I am a reminiscant sort of gal so that is why I love the classics, etc. Plus, it seems sad and shame that somewhere in the great big storage spaces of WDW there are all of these really great props, animitronics, etc. just sitting there waiting to be used again. Thanks for the posting John - never thought to look up Horizons on youtube till now - and glad you uploaded it and I saw it here on Intercot! :thumbsup:

+100 This.

Ian
12-22-2012, 10:01 AM
For the record, Mel's count is going to be +2'd after the next podcast aired. First, she (not me) mentioned our Castle stay and then she followed that up almost immediately with a TDL mention.

:nono: