PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Jack Sparrow

BrowncatP
11-27-2012, 06:51 AM
Went last night to the new show. I liked it, my husband did not. If open, stand on the right side in the back. Can't see as well on the left side. It was good, but could be better. Stompping feet on a cement floor does nothing. Needs a wood floor, some water splashes, and air jets for the cannon fire.I am now a "pirate" though.

steamboat willy
11-27-2012, 07:25 AM
Thanks BrowncatP. :pirate: for the tip!

12 Days....:santa::tree::santa:

Aurora
11-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Went last night to the new show. I liked it, my husband did not. If open, stand on the right side in the back. Can't see as well on the left side. It was good, but could be better. Stompping feet on a cement floor does nothing. Needs a wood floor, some water splashes, and air jets for the cannon fire.I am now a "pirate" though.

Can you elaborate on the show? Why didn't your husband like it? Were there any "wow" moments as promised? What would you rate it overall?

DisneyDawgette
11-28-2012, 08:03 PM
I watched the video on the Disney blog and they seemed really excited about it, and the few clips they showed seemed really cool! :mickey:

Anything in particular you liked? I still don't think I understand exactly what the attraction is, even after the video! :confused:

TiggeRia
11-28-2012, 10:36 PM
We went to it yesterday. While the visual effects were pretty neat, we were not really impressed overall and don't have the desire to do it again. It seems to me they rushed designing and building the whole attraction. It is hard to see if you stand on the left, like someone mentioned. I don't know....it feels like it's just missing something.

CU Tiger
11-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Just watched the video and was not impressed. Unless being immersed in the action makes the experience better, I am not excited. How does standing still make you feel you were on a voyage or experienced what Jack experienced? I will give it a try in January and keep an open mind.:mickey:

mom2morgan
11-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Disappointing you have to stand. I find attractions like that give me terrible vertigo and I end up missing a lot of the fun.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-04-2012, 11:36 AM
I thought the first Narnia attraction in there was pretty lame, not much more than a movie preview. Didn't see the 2nd incarnation of the Narnia attraction.

We did see Legend of Jack Sparrow last week. We were fortunate to walk up as they were opening, so didn't have to wait long.

It was ok. As others have said, if you stand to the left, your view of the Flying Dutchman is blocked and it limits some of the effects. I think one kid is picked each time to hold a key or something. The holo graphic of Captain Jack that is projected is good (and its Johnny Depp) but it wasn't a "Wow" type of attraction. I wouldn't do it twice. Biggest disappointment for me was when we exited, I thought maybe they'd exit us into a room with memorabilia and props from the movies, but nothing.