PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from Lunch at Be Our Guest

Christine
11-25-2012, 06:58 PM
DH, DD, and I decided to go eat today at Be Our Guest. The line looked DAUNTING to say the least, but moved very quickly and we were seated within 15 minutes, food came almost immediately.

We were allowed inside in small groups (as other groups left out the "back door") by CMs and were guided through to the ordering kiosks.

The knights were very cute...talking, snoring, etc.
Ordering was very easy, we paid at the same kiosk (versus getting a slip and having to go to a register like at Capt Cook's or Contempo Cafe).

I thought the soft drink machine was cute!

DH ordered a steak sandwich that was a tad dry, he was underwhelmed. The french onion soup was good.
DD had the kid's braised pork with green beans and smashed sweet potatoes. It was all tasty, not much of it (my DD isn't a big eater, and left hungry...unlike her when she orders kid meals other places)
I had the vegetable quiche and greens with champagne vinegarette. I found it to be exactly like the one in Boulangerie Patisserie at EPCOT( only triple the price :secret:)

We ordered a chocolate cream puff and the strawberry cream cheese cupcake for dessert. The strawberry cream cheese cupcake was the hands-down best thing EVER! I could have eaten 40 of them!

Our meal was $42. I asked my family to tell me what they thought, and we all unanimously agreed that it was great to go try it and see the dining rooms again for a longer time than we did in the previews, we wouldn't object to going again (we are actually doing dinner there with friends Christmas Day which will be a different menu), but when we're in the MK and say "who's hungry?" we won't say "let's go to Be Our Guest." Our feeling was just...indifference? Not sure I'd spend $42 for indifference on a routine basis?

Columbia Harbour House still is our first pick

Christine
11-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Here's some photos from MK today including the Royal Merrymakers, the new atmosphere entertainers in Fantasyland.

You can also see the signage on the old Snow White attraction...

SBETigg
11-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks! Great report and pictures. Will be looking forward to hearing how dinner measures up. That line is quite daunting! Glad to hear it moved along pretty quickly.

ElenitaB
11-25-2012, 08:38 PM
$42 :jaw: Am I just out of touch?

January-2007
11-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks so much for reporting! You're so lucky to live nearby!

Christine
11-25-2012, 09:48 PM

That was for soup, sandwich, quiche, kids meal, 2 cupcakes , & 2 cups of ice waters (not bottled). We thought that was a little much for what we got.

mechanic
11-26-2012, 12:00 AM
I looked at the menu prices and everything looked fairly reasonable. The soup and cupcakes especially so. Steak sandwich maybe a little high. The quiche with salad was 8 and change right?
I love chh too, but its about same in pricing. I wish the food was getting better reviews. Its such a fantastic new eatery. Been looking forward to trying it.

BrerGnat
11-26-2012, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the review. The food all looks really pretty...too bad it was only mediocre. Those drink machines are too cute!

$42 seems about right these days. We routinely spent at least $50 on lunch for 4 (no desserts or drinks) at Disneyland last week at CS places.

One thing I totally agree on is the portion sizes of the kid's meals are TINY these days. It's borderline ridiculous. We have resorted to ordering adult CS meals for our 6 and 8 year olds (neither of whom is a big eater). They are appropriate for kids about 5 and under, I think. In looking at that kids meal you posted, my guess is that it is around 300 calories...maybe (excluding the cookie).

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the reviews and pics:thumbsup:

emerzmom
11-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Love the pictures! I really don't mind paying a fair price for really good food. Too bad the quality isn't a little better.
Always love your posts with pictures!
:tink:
Julie

DisneyorBust
11-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Appreciate the reviews and the pics. I love the Magic Kingdom at it's Christmas best.

pixiesmimi
11-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Is lunch on the counter service for dining plan? How early does it open for lunch? I heard lunch closes at 2:00 p.m.

Patricia
11-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks Christine. Was wondering if I should bother on my next trip. Think I'll wait till all the newness wears off.

buzznwoodysmom
11-30-2012, 08:57 PM

Seems our family of 4 typically pays between $40-$50 for most QS meals. Of course my boys often want items off the adult menu now, so that adds to the cost.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-04-2012, 10:56 AM
We ate there last week. 40 minute wait to get thru the line for counter service. Nice to do it once, but wouldn't wait 40 minutes for that again. My guess is it will be a while before the novelty wears off. I think we got in line at 11:15 and basically didn't sit down until 12:00. I guess people were lining up for lunch by 10:30 or so.

DisneyDawgette
12-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks for your pictures! The drink machines do look awesome! :)

Maybe by May it will have calmed down some! Next trip is within the 6 month frame now! Can't wait to try it! :mickey: