PDA

View Full Version : Opinions about AoA food court?

Dewdrop034
11-24-2012, 11:44 PM
So far I've had about half a dozen friends come back from the AoA and say the food court is less than appitizing. One couple wound up walking to Pops food court to eat there. That is so discouraging because I would like to stay there on our next trip.
Personally, I don't like Indian or African food and when I'm on vacation, salads are the last thing I want. I just want a normal cheeseburger and fries or a waffle for breakfast. So, what is up with the food court that makes it so bad? I would love your opinions....

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-25-2012, 09:43 AM
We ate there during our last trip, and the food was fine.

We did the "make your own burger", and DH had some of the "funkier" food. There were other regular stuff, and a great "make your own pasta" bar.

What I didn't like about it was that it was SLOW. It took forever to get your food (not that there was a long line, it just took a really long time).

It was fine, but if you have a longer stay, you may want to try POP, since it will have different stuff, but that (to me) is no different than going over to POR from POFQ, for a different selection.

Dewdrop034
11-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Thank you for the insight, Heather!! Make your own pasta and burgers sound great to me, besides, if I don't like it,it's not like I wont be able to find a restaurant for miles around. As long as I'm at Disney, I'll be happy.

BrerGnat
11-26-2012, 08:29 AM
I wouldn't write off the resort due to the food court. You don't HAVE to eat there. We routinely only eat at our "home" resort once or twice during each trip. Most of the time, we are not even there at mealtimes.

Breakfast is the most "normal" meal. The others are where you will find the more exotic options. However, you can always get most things to your liking, and this is why this food court is so slow. There are TOO MANY ways to customize most items, and they cook to order, so it's a lengthy process.

Katzateer
11-26-2012, 08:44 AM
The one meal we ate there was fine. I agree service is slow. I got the pulled pork and my husband got a turkey sandwich. The homemade potato chips were really good. And the desserts are good- we got the Mickey fruit tarts. Not too sweet and just big enough.

I am not a big fan of POP food court and we tend to eat all our meals at other resorts or the parks when we stay at value resorts.

r4kids
11-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Can we view a menu anywhere to get a heads up? Leave in a little over 24 hours!!