PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT Holiday Arches

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Any chance that these are back? One of my biggest disappointments from our last trip back in 2010 was that when we went to EPCOT I was so looking forward to walking from Future World to World Showcase via the lit up holiday arches, ending at the Christmas tree. Needless to say I was more than a bit disappointed to not see them. I asked a random CM and he just said, I think they've been down now for a year or two.

From what I can tell nothing replaced them and I can't for the life of me figure out why they'd remove them. Any reason why? It looks barren without them.

I doubt that they'll be back, but maybe with just a little :magic: they'll reappear. Two days until we are down there!

wildernesslady
11-21-2012, 03:12 PM
We miss them also. The last time we were there for the holiday was 2008 and the arches were gone then. We will also be there in two days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they are back. I love them.

Zawadi
11-21-2012, 03:23 PM
I don't believe there are any plans to use the arches again. It was said that the cost of replacing the lights was prohibitive. Some of the anchor points have been removed.

IMO it was a dumb decision. I liked the show around the tree where they incorporated the lighting of the arches.

Strmchsr
11-21-2012, 04:10 PM
They're gone permanently, unfortunately. They did say the cost of refurbishing them was too great and the decision was made not to do anything new. I keep hoping they'll change that because the walkway from FW to WS sure looks dark and barren without it.

Maleficent_vf
11-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Doesn't it sometimes make you feel like saying - "Gee, the cost of a Walt Disney World vacation has just gotten too prohibitive and we won't be returning."

DizneyRox
11-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Doesn't it sometimes make you feel like saying - "Gee, the cost of a Walt Disney World vacation has just gotten too prohibitive and we won't be returning."
Some of us have...