PDA

View Full Version : Monorail loop between resorts and MK

TheVBs
11-21-2012, 09:12 AM
If we have enough time before the 4pm entry for the Christmas party, we were thinking of hitting each of the monorail resorts to check out the decorations. I know the GF has quite a display, I'm assuming the other monorail resorts do too? If we rode the monorail to those resorts, then back to the MK for the party, how long does just the monorail ride portion take? Hope that makes sense! We just want to make sure of how much time we'd need for the transportation portion. Thanks! :mickey:

disney obsessed
11-21-2012, 10:38 AM
I believe the loop alone takes 20-30 min. That would include waiting for it before you get on.

wdwfansince75
11-21-2012, 12:16 PM
A complete loop (MK-CR-TTC-POLY-GF-MK)takes less than 30 minutes, including the stops...the monorail spends almost as much time standing at stations, unloading and loading, as actually moving. You will probably spend more time viewing the decorations at the three resorts than riding the monorail. One hour to do the resort tour is doable, but plan an hour and a half to allow the three stops for viewing. If you plan to also eat, or shop, plan on two hours to be safe.

TheVBs
11-22-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks so much for the info guys! :mickey: I saw someone else mention getting their picture taken by a Photopass CM in front of the GF tree (I think). Are there typically Photopass CMs in the resorts taking pictures of the guests with the trees?

Katzateer
11-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Be sure and check out all three resorts- they are all beautiful. For us I would allow at least 90 minutes- we like to sit in the lobby of the GF and soak it all up so sometimes it is a little longer. Plus, we get to MK and join the line about 20 minutes before the party crowd is admitted.

We normally eat at Kona's before the party so we don't spend party time eating a sit down meal ( just get snacks).

Have a great time!!

MickeysBestPal
11-22-2012, 10:36 AM
The Grand Floridian is, by far, the most spectacularly-decorated of the 3 monorail resorts.

If there is any extra time for decoration viewing,
I highly recommend a boat-ride (from the MK or Contemporary Resort dock)
over to the Wilderness Lodge to see the
multi-story Christmas Tree and
enjoy the other decorations in the massive, rustic,
and very comfortable fireplace-focused atrium.

Kaps
11-24-2012, 09:38 AM
You will need about an hour or so no less

Katzateer
11-24-2012, 10:08 AM
The Grand Floridian is, by far, the most spectacularly-decorated of the 3 monorail resorts.

If there is any extra time for decoration viewing,
I highly recommend a boat-ride (from the MK or Contemporary Resort dock)
over to the Wilderness Lodge to see the
multi-story Christmas Tree and
enjoy the other decorations in the massive, rustic,
and very comfortable fireplace-focused atrium.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

faline
11-24-2012, 04:38 PM
In recent years, I've been underwhelmed by the holiday decorations at the Poly. The Grand Floridian is always well appointed and has a lovely tree. Last year, there was a photopass photographer there when we visited and we did have our photo taken in front of that tree. The Contemporary is worth a visit. Be sure to also go down to the lobby as they sometimes have decorations in that area as well. Other resorts that are worth a visit for the holiday decorations include Animal Kingdom Lodge (which I know is not on the monorail loop) and Wilderness Lodge (which also requires a detour from the monorail).