PDA

View Full Version : Do you check the 10 Day Weather?

Gator
11-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Today, we're 9 days out. If you spend as much time on this site as I do, then you know what that means. It means you can check the 10 day weather forecast on the Weather Channel website. Yahoo! I'm sure it's not that accurate being so far away, but a high of 76 and a low of 60 sounds AWESOME. I tell myself each trip that I'm not gonna check until 3 days before - but I just can't resist. Anybody else get crazy like this.

TiggeRia
11-19-2012, 08:38 PM
I do the same thing. :) Currently less than a week out, and I am so looking forward to the 70's. I'll keep checking it each day, too :mickey:

villavic
11-19-2012, 08:55 PM
I do check, for every trip I do, but I don't take it that serious until 2 or 3 days before arriving.

And I also compare weather.com and accuweather.com, and always the forecasts are not equal, specially when the date is far (7-10 days).

Strmchsr
11-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Nope. Anything beyond 7 days is a waste of time even with human forecasters and anything beyond 3 days is a waste of time with the "fill-in-your-zip-code" sites like the Weather Channel and Accuweather since there is no human interaction with those at all. So not much point in checking those. I go for the human forecasters (and my own forecasting) any day over the generic sites. The reason a couple of the generic sites are a little different in their forecasts is they have different algorithms programmed in their software. They intentionally don't want to look the same, even though they use the exact same MOS guidance, so they will output slightly differently.

jnfr2424
11-20-2012, 07:05 AM
My $$ is on Chris aka Strmchsr forecasts right here on the boards.
I haven't experienced a bad trip forecast yet
Last October Chris said it was going to rain our entire trip while those other two sites stated sunny days we packed our ponchos and rain boots and glad we did!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-20-2012, 08:32 AM
We check, and re-check and then plan for it to be different anyways.

But, on the last trip, we did get caught a bit when it was a LOT colder than we expected ... the jeans got more wear than planned!

Dopey's Girl
11-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Since I found Chris' post in the vacation planning forum, that's my weather go too. He's way more accurate, and if I ever have a question, I know I can post and ask him. Way better than the zip code sites!

disneymom15
11-20-2012, 10:00 AM
I only look at Chris's forecast. Hands down, he's the most accurate.:thumbsup:

Itchy
11-20-2012, 11:00 AM
I watch closer if we are in hurricane season. I have been at WDW in Dec when it was 24 degrees in the morning. Either way I was in the happiest place in the world. Have a great time...:mickey:

JMTStone
11-20-2012, 11:55 AM
I check Intercot and find Stormchaser's weather forecast.

Never wrong. Even during the RAIN ALL DAY 5 DAYS in May 2009. Didn't care, we were at Disney and wet or not - still fun. Then we got on DCL!

DisneyDawgette
11-20-2012, 12:53 PM
I only look at Chris's forecast. Hands down, he's the most accurate.:thumbsup:

Same here! Hit up the Vacation Planning board, and he's in a sticky at the top! He nailed the forecast for our trip in October! :)

Gator
11-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Same here! Hit up the Vacation Planning board, and he's in a sticky at the top! He nailed the forecast for our trip in October! :)

Uhoh, that's not good. He's predicting super cold weather the last half of my trip. Of course, FL cold weather is always better than FL hot weather.

mechanic
11-20-2012, 04:33 PM
We always go in early july so there is no need. (Very hot, scattered pm showers)

Granny Jill A
11-21-2012, 02:09 PM
I used to check the weather when I first started coming to WDW. It was an obsession with me to have "perfect" conditions every day. Not possible, of course.

Now I just go with the flow. I pack for all kinds of weather and deal with whatever I'm given.

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-21-2012, 07:56 PM
I look at everything possible just to make the time go by faster. I do tend to look at the NOAA site everyday like clockwork to see if any hurricanes are brewing. So far the closest we have been is about 1 week after one came through Orlando. When we were riding from the airport to the resort we could see blue tarps on many roofs and those screen rooms around the pools were tore off. Anyway have a great trip in a few days and hopefully it's a magical weather vacation.

epceddie
11-21-2012, 08:29 PM
I think checking the weather report is all part of the fun when it comes to getting ready for a visit to WDW.
Coming from the Northeast, my main concern is the weather at the Providence airport (which is actually in Warwick). When you fly up here in December, January, or February, you always have to be worried about snowstorms.
Anything north of 65 degrees in Florida will seem like summer to me when we arrive on Dec. 9.

BigRedDad
11-26-2012, 10:17 AM
I always check the 10-day planner. It provides me more time to make an adjustment to my packing. I also check it when it is much closer too. I do not want to be scrambling the night before to get ponchos or warm weather clothes at the last minute.

RavsRuleDisney!
11-26-2012, 10:19 AM
like the post Gator....being a weather geek I always check the forecasts leading up to and during our trips. less accurate the further out you go but still pretty reliable. :cool:

DisneyorBust
11-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Prior to travelling to WDW, the only weather report that I check (and trust) is Strmchsr's.

LudwigVonDrake
11-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Usually for about a week before I check the weather :mickey: