PDA

View Full Version : The wait

Kaps
11-18-2012, 09:55 PM
11days and counting! just wondering who thinks the wait is just as much part of the vacation as getting there is.
My kids count down each day as we get closer and remove a link off the paper chain each night that they made themselves. Even I find the countdown to be as much fun as going, almost to the point that I feel the vacation will be over way too soon when it gets this close.
Anyone else feel this way???

steamboat willy
11-18-2012, 10:23 PM
We are right behind you....really right behind you. We are at 21 days 4 hours. & 33 minutes.

Have a great trip!

housemouse
11-18-2012, 11:09 PM
It is certianly an exciting time for us as the countdown winds down. Our son and niece are always involved in the planning/countdown for Disney trips but, this time we are surprising them with a trip in January and it's about to kill us not having them be a part of the planning and trip discussion. We were going to wait until the day we leave to tell them but, have decided to make it part of their Christmas suprises so, while it will still be a suprise, they will have a couple of weeks to "plan" and have a mini countdown.

taleasoldastime
11-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Im at 63 days and I feel like my trip is arriving way too fast! I feel like just yesterday I was at 130 days! Once the trip is up it is time to start another countdown!

kohlby
11-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Our paper chain is down to 3! (Though we'll visit relatives first. The 3 is for our leave date, not the first day in the parks). I'm finding it hard to concentrate. It's better this year at least - I can spend too much time on Disney sites in the open. We did it as a suprise last year. That was fun too, but we go often enough that it's fun to experience both! (This is our 5th with-kids trip and we only surprised once. They say they want to be surprised again, so we will at some point).

villavic
11-19-2012, 08:22 PM
The previous days are exciting and kind of part of the vacation but not because of the wait, but because of all the preparation, the research at the websites for the events, weather, schedules, tips, best practices to avoid crowds, the shows, etc. I always feel like I'm already there!

bruin1344
11-19-2012, 10:08 PM
11days and counting! just wondering who thinks the wait is just as much part of the vacation as getting there is.
My kids count down each day as we get closer and remove a link off the paper chain each night that they made themselves. Even I find the countdown to be as much fun as going, almost to the point that I feel the vacation will be over way too soon when it gets this close.

i agree

RavsRuleDisney!
11-22-2012, 11:08 AM

Have to agree - the anticipation and excitement as departure day approaches is all part of our Disney vacation experience....but then I get all pessimistic and think we're that much closer to going which means we're that much closer to leaving. Of course that thought quickly passes as we pass thru those WDW gates!! :thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
11-22-2012, 11:59 PM
I agree the anticipation is almost as enjoyable as the vacation itself. As we near departure day, I tell my DD9 a "Day-at-Disney Story" each night before I kiss her goodnight. I put as much detail -- from the time we wake up, to what each of us is eating for breakfast -- into the story. As we get closer, she gets more and more excited. I do, as well. Sometimes she asks, "Is this going to be a real day? Or is this a made-up day?" Once we're down I single digits, it's almost unbearable.

Gator
11-23-2012, 07:20 PM
I've got 5 days to go til we leave. It gets hard to wait. But having these last couple of days around Thanksgiving helps because there's so much to do.

epceddie
11-24-2012, 02:14 PM
We leave two weeks from tomorrow for and 8-day visit and we can't wait. We do the vacation countdown on the DVC member site. The waiting can be tough, but the anticipation keeps building and building and finally you're on your way.
I always look forward to driving through the main entrance that first time. That's when I really feel like I'm "home".

disneydeb
11-24-2012, 03:20 PM
I just gave my dog a bath, telling him it was the last one before I go on my trip! (he will be groomed at the kennel where he is boarding)

Tomorrow, I pack after church!
Monday, my car gets tires rotated and an oil change and cleaned. I get my hairs done..:D

Tuesday, it is mani- pedi time and the critters go to the kennel. I pick up my grandkids from school and daycare, I entertain them while their dad sleeps, until midnight! Then we go!

4 days!

Kaps
11-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Well countdown is almost over 3 days till POR :number1:

Kplaster
11-26-2012, 05:24 PM
17 days till POR for 10 days!!

iluvdumbo
11-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Right now we have 17 days till our trip and I made the paper chain when we were like 60 days out! I definitely agree that the waiting is sometimes a part of the anticipation of leaving for vacation...even though sometimes you just wish you were there already.

ChipNDale79
11-27-2012, 09:32 AM
We only have 346 days (ouch) until our next trip, which will be our first with children. We've already started planning, its as much fun as the actual vacation sometimes. :mickey:

BigRedDad
11-27-2012, 09:33 AM
It is usually panic time for me. In my job, the work goes with you on vacation. I have to try to get as much done as possible to minimize what I have to do while away. We no longer have backups so the hectic work schedule helps with the final countdown.

Gator
11-27-2012, 12:40 PM
THE WAIT!!! I've got 1 day, only 1, to go. And I'm as giddy as a little kid. Just like on that WDW commercial they had about 5 years ago. It's hard to concentrate on work, thinking about all the things I've got to last-minute-pack. I'm shaking from being so nervous. That's when you know it's been too long since the last trip.

emerzmom
11-27-2012, 03:17 PM
I love the anticipation! It is definitely a big part of the whole trip. I am always happiest when I have a WDW trip to plan and look forward to. :cloud9:
Enjoy!
:tink:
Julie