PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare

Nini
11-17-2012, 09:55 PM
This is a restaurant that we've always wanted to try because of the variety on the buffet. So we got an ADR for our upcoming Jan. trip, and the latest menu I can find is missing any interesting items. Just your basic pasta, beef, salmon etc..

Has anyone been here recently? Did you enjoy the food?

We are two adults, no kids, so character interaction is not important.

Thanks,
Denise

Pirate Granny
11-17-2012, 10:41 PM
I enjoyed the breakfast buffet, never got a chance for dinner yet.

Basket Mommy
11-18-2012, 07:54 AM
We ate there in January and I thought it was one of the best buffets on Disney property. There was a carving station, basic sides (potatoes, pasta, veggies), a great salad station with lots of choices and amazing desserts. I loved it!

Here's the menu I found:

Starters
Spring mixed greens, Caesar Salad, Dressings, Broccoli Salad with cashews, Greek salad, ambrosia, tomato mozzarella salad, macaroni salad, apple with port vinaigrette, peel and eat shrimp

Soups
Cream of mushroom, tomato Florentine, and chilled strawberry

Accompaniments
Sweet potato and red bliss mashed potatoes, brown gravy, carrot and broccoli medley, sauteed squash with chives, niblet corn

Entrees
Chef's freshly prepared pasta, roasted prime rib of beef, mojo marinated turkey breast, salmon with a caper butter sauce, curry chicken with Israeli couscous, apple chutney stuffed pork loin with apple glaze, Portobello ravioli with a pesto cream, mussels in ginger broth, salmon with a dill cream sauce, chicken Marsala, cheese lasagna, Italian sausage with peppers, chorizo stuffed pork loin with mango barbeque sauce, vegetable egg rolls, mussels in tomato broth

Children's Corner
Chicken nuggets, cheese and macaroni, mini corn dogs, pasta marinara, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, niblet corn, cheese pizza and fresh vegetables

Desserts
Apple cobbler, bread pudding, brownies, key lime tarts, linzer torte, rice krispie treats, chocolate chip cookies, lemon cheesecake tart, Edy's Soft Serve Ice Cream

Nini
11-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Yes! That is the menu that got us interested!! This is the most recent menu that I could find:

Salad Bar: Strawberry Soup, Caesar Salad, Mixed Greens, Vegan Noodle Salad, Roasted Vegetable Salad, Cucumber Salad, Edamame Salad, Peel and Eat Shrimp, Potato Salad, Watercress Salad, Nicoise Salad, Tomato Watermelon Salad, Seafood Pasta Salad, California Sushi Rolls*, Spicy Tuna Sushi Rolls*, Vegetable Sushi Rolls, Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Pineapple, Grapes, Ranch Dressing, Mango Vinaigrette, Chili Cilantro Dressing, House Dressing

Carving Station: Smoked Beef Strip Loin and Pork Steamship

Hot Line: Turkey Noodle Soup, Tomato Florentine, Daily Soup du Jour, Salmon Filet
with Orange Glaze, Paella, Durban Chicken stew, Chicken Marsala, Guinness Beef Stew
Vegetable Alfredo Pasta, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes, Jasmine Rice, Creamed Red Bliss Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese

Chefs Pasta Station: Create Your Own Pasta

Kids Station: Roasted Chicken, Cheese Pizza, Whole Grain Elbow Pasta with Marinara Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, and Broccoli and Carrots

Assorted Desserts and Ice Cream Cheesecake, Carrot Cake, Key Lime, Fruit Tart, Chocolate Mousse, Brownies, Cookies, Apple Crisp, Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce and Gummy Bears

The "Hot Line" just seems less interesting now. Might just have to drop this reservation.

Denise

Nini
11-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Changed our reservation to Citricos...I don't think we'll be disappointed.

Denise :balloon:

MyDisneyworld
11-20-2012, 02:15 PM
We just ate at 1900 park fare a few weeks ago and it was much better than the last time we ate there (2 years ago). Your menu looks spot on to what we had. We were surprised they had sushi now and we each went up twice for that. We each had a little bit of everything and enjoyed it all. Quality and taste were very good for a buffet. We were the first ones to be seated and got to go through a clap line into the restaurant so that was fun. Our 2 daughters liked the character interaction, specially the step sisters.

Nini
11-21-2012, 06:51 AM
It's good to hear that the food is of good quality, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think we'd be happier with the new menu if we hadn't been so interested in the older one. For one thing, we are not sushi eaters.

Oh well, maybe we'll give it a try next time.

Denise :eat: