PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for Christmas when in the world?

disneysmiles
11-17-2012, 05:29 AM
We usually go on our trips in October. Love the food and wine festival and MNSSHP. My youngest is 15 and wants to try christmas time after our next trip.

I was wondering what everyone does for Christmas when you are at disney that actual day...Is just being there your gifts? Does Santa come to your hotel room (thinking bringing all that extra on the plane!) Do you have your christmas celebration before you leave or after you've come home?

If we do a christmas trip, my daughter will be just shy of 18. Probebly her last vacation with us as a child. Might have some of my other kids there with some grandkids but others would be staying home.

I'd love to make her possible last trip with us to be extra special and do what she's always wanted...go at Christmas time, but I also feel like it would take the whole family traditions away. Everyone has come to my house for Christmas for the past 30 years...my mom, brothers, nieces, nephews, adult kids and grandkids not sure if some would feel I was ruining their holidays by my not being home like always.

disneydeb
11-22-2012, 11:24 PM
As much as I love Disney, I prefer to be home on the actual days of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We have been in the days of Christmas Day - January 1st it was way too crazy crowded for me.

Now when we go at Christmas time, we go early in December. The festivities are the same, just way less crowded!

Whatever you decide, have fun making memories!:mickey:

Jeff
11-23-2012, 07:23 AM
We always packed our Christmas Stockings and then bought stocking stuffers while at WDW. We usually would also buy one gift and wrap it there as well(packed our paper and tape)!

faline
11-23-2012, 12:14 PM
We always packed our Christmas Stockings and then bought stocking stuffers while at WDW. We usually would also buy one gift and wrap it there as well(packed our paper and tape)!

The only time we were there for Christmas day, we handled things similarly. Before leaving, we agreed that we'd buy gifts there and exchange them on Christmas Eve. I also packed gift wrap and scotch tape. We went separate ways on Christmas Eve day to do our "shopping" and then wrapped and exchanged our gifts that evening.

Like Deb, I prefer being home for the actual holiday and plan my holiday trips for earlier in the month.