PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

Dulcee
11-16-2012, 11:02 AM
We leave for Disney in 23 days! Wee!

And I've been trying so hard not to watch the video posted to the front page of the ride through of Ariel. I'm so torn between wanting to be surprised (its been a long time since I've seen something really new at WDW) and wanting to see it nooooow.

I've watched up to getting into the ride car and then I always talk myself out of watching and turn it off. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out. :blush:

Camaro305
11-16-2012, 11:31 AM

And I've been trying so hard not to watch the video posted to the front page of the ride through of Ariel. I'm so torn between wanting to be surprised (its been a long time since I've seen something really new at WDW) and wanting to see it nooooow.

I've watched up to getting into the ride car and then I always talk myself out of watching and turn it off. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out. :blush:

My wife, kids, and I leave in 23 days as well! I did view the ride video, I don't feel that takes anything away from it, as pictures are all over any Disney site. One thing I don't want to watch is the Celebrate the Magic video! I've gotta see that for the first time in person!

IwannabeinNarnia
11-16-2012, 12:50 PM
I've watched numerous 'ride thrus' on youtube and such.. and for me personally, it does not mess up my excitement when I actually ride the ride. Just as pictures do not do justice for many things .. neither does video.. to be in the ride car, actually experiencing the ride, always still a thrill!

bruin1344
11-16-2012, 01:07 PM
I've watched numerous 'ride thrus' on youtube and such.. and for me personally, it does not mess up my excitement when I actually ride the ride. Just as pictures do not do justice for many things .. neither does video.. to be in the ride car, actually experiencing the ride, always still a thrill!

I agree. Experiencing the ride beats watching video.

Goes4FastPass
11-16-2012, 01:40 PM
It's just you.

steamboat willy
11-16-2012, 02:20 PM

Hey Dulcee and Camaro305 :cool: Dear Wife and I ALSO leave in 23 Days from NC. Are WE getting excited or WHAT?

NO, it's Not Just You. I did the same thing, watched the walk through the queue and stopped as they were getting on the ride. DW hasn't seen any of it......YET.
We're staying at ASMu., maybe we'll see you there.

Steamboat Willy a.k.a. Steve

Aurora
11-16-2012, 03:02 PM
If you were going to go far in the future, I would say go ahead and watch. But since you're going in such a short time, hold out! I'm sure you'll appreciate it more having not seen any "previews," and then the video will be a nice memory for you.

I agree with others who say videos don't do rides justice and don't ruin the ride if you see them beforehand, but I also like the element of surprise. You do take a little of that away if you have an idea of what's coming around the next turn.

Gator
11-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Don't watch it!!! It's like seeing the bride and wedding day. I've managed to avoid the videos and I'm there in 12 days.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
11-16-2012, 07:35 PM
No I dont ever look at those videos I kinda feel like I dont want to ruin the surprise.

ImagiAsh
11-16-2012, 08:00 PM
I refuse to watch Disney rides on youtube that I have not been on yet. I just enjoy the excitement of seeing something for the first time and I really don't want to have any clue what it's going to be like until I'm there. You're not the only one. :mickey:

disney obsessed
11-16-2012, 08:22 PM
I feel the same!!! I arrive on
Dec 7 and I refuse to even glimpse at it. I would rather see it in person.

debbymc4
11-16-2012, 09:05 PM
I am going in January. I started watching and stopped before I got out of the ride queue.

Nini
11-16-2012, 09:27 PM
We're going in January, and I won't watch anything having to do with the new Little Mermaid ride. No pictures, no videos. I want to enjoy it in person and have it be completely all new to me. But that's just me :mickey:.

Denise

Polynesian Dweller
11-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Well, I've ridden it twice and say watch a video. Seriously, don't get yourself set up for disappointment by building it up too far, it is not an E ticket ride. Seven Dwarfs is intended to be the E ticket and LM will make a good complimentary ride.

Every video I've seen will not get in the way of the experience. Not trying to be a downer, it's a good ride, but not great and better experienced if not expecting something great IMO.

Andy_2002
11-19-2012, 08:15 AM
266 days to go so I'm going to need a lot of resistance but I'm not watching the Belle or Mermaid videos, I'll wait until I'm there to see them for myself.

Melanie
11-19-2012, 08:23 AM
I won't watch either, even though now I've ridden Ariel's Undersea Adventures. I've still not watched any ride thru videos of Radiator Springs Racers. Can't wait to experience that in person!

I will say I did watch the video of Enchanted Tales with Belle because I was curious of the technology for the portal, and I was still shocked and amazed when I experienced it in person.

Just depends on the attraction for me.

TheVBs
11-19-2012, 08:29 AM
I've been avoiding it too! Just on the off chance that we'll get to ride it when we're there in a few days. :mickey: Because it's only open during "dress rehearsals" right now, right?