PDA

View Full Version : Apple Pie Recipe

caryrae
11-15-2012, 07:38 PM
We are in charge of making pies for Thanksgiving, probably gonna make a pumpkin and and an apple pie. Does anyone one have a good recipe for apple pie? There are so many different ones on the internet.

SBETigg
11-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Wow, no apple pie recipes? I thought you would have a dozen by now. I don't have a standard apple pie. I usually go to my cookbooks or online recipe sites and choose. But when it comes to apple pie, basic seems to be the best. Choose from the recipes with the simple pure ingredient list. I bet Martha Stewart has a good one at her site.

IwannabeinNarnia
11-16-2012, 10:04 AM
my recipe for apple pie? go to Kroger.. stroll to the frozen section.. grab Sara Lee apple pie out of freezer... go home and bake according to directions :blush:

Tink1
11-16-2012, 10:30 AM
my recipe for apple pie? go to Kroger.. stroll to the frozen section.. grab Sara Lee apple pie out of freezer... go home and bake according to directions :blush:

I like the deep dish Mrs Smiths. LOL. I spruce it up by dusting the top with cinnamon sugar

I so do not bake!

N

Cinderelley
11-16-2012, 11:44 PM
There's an applie pie recipe from Epcot right here on intercot :)

VWL Mom
11-17-2012, 05:28 AM

I like the deep dish Mrs Smiths. LOL. I spruce it up by dusting the top with cinnamon sugar

Glad to see I'm not the only one, lol. I am team Mrs. Smith all the way!

Now, if your interested in an awesome pumpkin cheesecake recipe, that I have.

IamaDisneyFan
11-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Grandma’s Apple Pie

INGREDIENTS:

1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced

DIRECTIONS:
1. Peel and core the apples. Slice into 1/2-inch thick wedges. Toss all of the apples with ¼ cup of the sugar, place in a colander set over a large bowl and allow to drain for 1 ½ hours.

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Stir in flour and cornstarch to form a paste.
Add ¼ cup white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and draining from apples and bring to a boil.
Reduce temperature and let simmer.

3. Mix ½ syrup mixture with apples.
Place the bottom crust in your pan.
Fill with apples, mounded slightly.
Cover with a lattice work of crust.
Gently pour the remaining syrup mixture over the crust.
Pour slowly so that it does not run off.

4. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Brush pie with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mix. Continue baking for 10 to 20 minutes until apples are soft.

Adapted from allrecipes.com & foodnetwork.com