PDA

View Full Version : Dissappointed in Garden Grill Restaurant's Changes

disney323
11-15-2012, 06:29 PM
2 years ago my husband and I were told about how amazing the Garden Grill was for dinner. So, we went ahead and tried it 2 years ago, then last year as well and again last week. The menu has changed and it is not as amazing as it used to be!
They no longer offer a variety of breads, it's just rolls. The salad dressing was significantly different in that I didn't even eat it because it had no taste at all. They no longer offer cranberry sauce with the turkey/stuffing/gravy/mash potatoes (which is big for us!), and the dessert was cake and not the skillet fruit cobblers warm and amazing as they used to be. :( The kid's mac n cheese is not baked anymore, it comes out topped with goldfish.
It was a bit upsetting to pay so much money to have the things we love eliminated. We won't be going back.

1DisneyNut
11-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Sounds about par for the course here lately. They have cheapened up the menu at pretty much every place we used to like. We have pretty much quit doing table service and go off site for our good meals.

DizneyRox
11-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Garden Grill was pricey before. It's easy to drop a Benjamin for three people. If I was served goldfish crackers for that price, someone would probably end up wearing them.

Another restaurant to cross off the list I guess...

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-16-2012, 08:14 AM
I am so sorry you didn't have a good meal at GG!

It has been one of our favourites for years, and we had an awesome experience during our October trip.

Somtimes I wonder if quality depends on who's in the kitchen, as our salad was awesome ... we ordered two extra bowls of it. However, it was different than a couple of years ago, much more like the salad they served longer ago. (There was a bad time when they tried a "southwest salad" ... that was horrible, we were delighted when they went back to a "normal" salad). We also got extra rolls and the yummy butter, but my Mom didn't like the stuffing though, so we had to eat the rest of her share. :)

thejens
12-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Wow. Turkey should come with cranberry sauce, that is just wrong. Did you ask for some? Could they have forgotten?

Katzateer
12-02-2012, 10:31 AM
We ate there a little over a year ago- no cranberry sauce. I missed it but we still enjoyed our meal.

Since it is my youngest favorite we are going in Jan. - let you know what we think.:thumbsup:

One thing they have been good about is getting some chicken tenders. My daughter still wants those more than the other meats evnthough she is an adult now (18). Last time they were very nice about serving them ( the waiter said they got some from the food court).

A Big Kid
12-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Sounds about par for the course here lately. They have cheapened up the menu at pretty much every place we used to like. .

^ this.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-04-2012, 10:52 AM
We ate there last week as part of our Candlelight Processional Package. I have to say, in general, I was a bit under whelmed with the foods. The steak medallions were good, but for the price paid, I certainly expected more or something unique or out of the ordinary. Maybe I had set my hopes to high, IDK, but while it was still good, it certainly wasn't memorable. I don't forsee a return visit.

DisneyDawgette
12-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Whew... Glad to hear this. We have two trips planned for next year (one at Memorial Day and one the first week of December) and we're already loosely planning our meals. Garden Grill was one that was still wavering on our list, so it's looking like it may not make the cut! This is the second GG bash I've seen, and that's looking like enough for me!

Sorry you had such a terrible experience! :(