PDA

View Full Version : Almond Milk?

texasdisneymom
11-15-2012, 10:30 AM
We are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside. We will have a 3 year old in our group that is allergic to cow's milk and drinks Almond Milk daily. Does anyone know if Almond Milk is available at the resort?

Strmchsr
11-15-2012, 11:41 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

I don't know specifically. I think so, but hopefully someone will be along shortly that can answer your question with 100% certainty.

If not, you have a couple of options - there's a Publix and a Wal-Mart just off of property if you have your own car or want to take a taxi. There's also the Intercot sponsor Strollers and Groceries who will deliver what you need to your resort (look on the left side of this page under the sponsors).

Mickey'sGirl
11-15-2012, 12:37 PM
I might also suggest taking it yourselves in your luggage in the Tetra Paks. That way you will be sure to have the brand he likes best.

VWL Mom
11-15-2012, 03:09 PM
:welcome:

I know they carry soy milk but have never seen Almond milk. I would try sending an email to Disney at [email protected]. They will be able to answer your question.

ElenitaB
11-15-2012, 04:49 PM
The only size I've seen of soy milk (in a brand I'm not particularly fond of) I've seen is the little 8-oz tetra pak. I second Mickey'sGirl's suggestion to buy TetraPaks of your favorite brand of almond milk (particularly if that brand is Blue Diamond) and bring that with you. I already have a box or two of my preferred soy milk tucked away for our December trip.

texasdisneymom
11-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback. As far as talking my own, how would I go about doing that on a plane since I can't take liquids on board. Not sure about packing it since it will need to stay cold.

Mickey'sGirl
11-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback. As far as talking my own, how would I go about doing that on a plane since I can't take liquids on board. Not sure about packing it since it will need to stay cold.
You could pack it in your checked luggage (even in a larger zip loc bag), and since it would be in a tetra pak (and it is not dairy) it would not need to be kept cold at all.

Tink1
11-16-2012, 01:41 PM
You can always use Strollers and Grocery, they even sponsor the site!

They carry Blue Diamond almond milk.

There is a $14 delivery fee that is waived if you rent a stroller as well. So if you plan on renting a stroller for the 3 yr old, you can do both right through them.

I had the chance to meet them at Icot15 and they were lovely people.

Nanc