PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express

ransam
11-14-2012, 02:15 PM
I know it sounds funny, but this is one of my favorite moments of a trip.
After all the planning, saving money, waiting, anticipating, stress of packing, getting someone to take care of the house, worried i forgot something, more anticipation, getting dining reservatations, worrying i forgot something, getting on the plane, etc...and finally, it's done and nothing left to do but to sit back in the bus, chill, watch the movie, and thinking about all the memories i'm about to make. I love that 20 minute ride.

PopPhan
11-14-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't think that it is funny at all...Seeing the ME counter in MCO is the first REAL indicator that I am visiting WDW!!! Anything can (and often does) happen prior to arrival, but walking up to the ME area, passing the desk, going through the proper line and getting on the ME bus lets me know that it is all real and happening!

Once the bus starts rolling and we get to the point where the video is triggered, my 50 year old face lights up like a little kids!!!!

"Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride....We'll be there soon!"

Butters
11-14-2012, 04:28 PM
I agree, our last trip they were short on busses and we were put on a borrowed Mears bus with no video... I felt very disappointed since normally that video is when I feel like my vacation has started

rjmdds
11-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Last week, on our bus, the video wasn't working. We were so disappointed. It has become such a part of 'the experience'.

Gator
11-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Last week, on our bus, the video wasn't working. We were so disappointed. It has become such a part of 'the experience'.

Yeah, I hated it when that happened to us about 3 trips back.

But I'm with the OP. But it's only once the bus gets going. That means the 3000 miles of air travel is done, the waiting for the bus is done, and getting on the bus and waiting for it to fill up is done. Then, and only then, can I feel relaxed. :thumbsup:

ransam
11-15-2012, 11:29 AM
I would be so upset if i was on a bus w/o the movie...You ever see a 50 year old grown man throw a hissy fit? that would be me....lol

the only thing compared to that bus ride where i felt more relaxed was the first trip i planned as an adult. I went w/ my gf and much younger brother. I had planned the whole trip, spent months deciding what we were going to do. FInally the day came....we flew out and were staying off property. When we got our car got upgraded to a convertable. So my gf insisted on driving. It was night time, beautiful night, and we're cruising down a highaway and i'm in the back seat, sprawled out and looking at all the billboards, stars, and thinking it had been a long time since i had gone to disney, and after all the planning and stuff, the dice had been cast and i was here and like it or not, here we go!

EJS-Houston
11-15-2012, 02:38 PM
I know it sounds funny, but this is one of my favorite moments of a trip.
After all the planning, saving money, waiting, anticipating, stress of packing, getting someone to take care of the house, worried i forgot something, more anticipation, getting dining reservatations, worrying i forgot something, getting on the plane, etc...and finally, it's done and nothing left to do but to sit back in the bus, chill, watch the movie, and thinking about all the memories i'm about to make. I love that 20 minute ride.

That doesn't sound funny at all. One of the best things about a DisneyWorld vacation is that you get to leave reality behind and immerse yourself in Disney. The Magical Express ride is your point of entry...the moment where you go from black-and-white to Technicolor, and finally allow yourself to relax, enjoy, and say "I made it!" I think most of us "get it"...and you're far from alone here, Ransam.

darthmacho
11-15-2012, 02:52 PM
It makes sense to me, and I love this service, but I don't really feel "at home" until I check into the resort. That's when I start to relax and really enjoy myself. :mickey:

lawgirl
11-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Me too! That is such a relief and one of my favorite parts of the trip! Such a great post!

SBETigg
11-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Once we get on the DME bus, that's when I see a noticeable change in my husband. I'm usually pretty relaxed and excited, but it's stepping on the bus that says "vacation time" and my husband always really really needs it. It's like I can almost see the weight of the world lift off his shoulders. We don't even need the video, just knowing we're starting a great vacation does it.

wdw dude
11-18-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm right here with you...It's one of my favorite parts of the trip, as well.

:mickey: