PDA

View Full Version : Be Our Guest...I'm confused.

kg00616
11-13-2012, 03:53 PM
So it's a quick service during lunch and a table service at dinner? So, does that mean they only take reservations for dinner and lunch is just first come first serve? :confused:

Capt_redshirt
11-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Its not the same as traditional quick service ... the way i understand it, you order your food at a counter they give you a "magic rose" this rose when placed at a table makes it easy for the wait staff comes to you and delivers your food.

VWL Mom
11-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Correct, reservations are necessary for dinner but not for lunch.

mouseketeer mom
11-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Is it the same exact restaurant for lunch and dinner, or is it a smaller counter place within the same area?? Does that make sense? Will we be sitting in the same dining area in which they serve dinner? Hoping to have lunch here during Christmas week.

BrerGnat
11-13-2012, 09:07 PM
All the official stuff from Disney says the main ballroom will NOT be accessible ay lunch. The other two dining areas will be counter service seating areas at lunch.

rjmdds
11-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Last week the main ballroom was in fact open for quick service lunch. Whether this was just for the previews remains to be seen.

steamboat willy
11-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Sounds kinda like CS Pepper Market. Do you tip the wait staff or do you take care of yourself after they deliver your LUNCH?

Melanie
11-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Sounds kinda like CS Pepper Market. Do you tip the wait staff or do you take care of yourself after they deliver your LUNCH?

You know, good question.

When we were there last month, I heard the CM explaining how it would work to a guest during the tour. When he finished, I said "that sounds exactly like how they do it at the ESPN Club at Wide World of Sports". He said "exactly!". I think it's a cool system that works well.

But, your question here has me thinking about it more. The ESPN Club has self-serve fountain drinks, but I'm pretty sure that won't be the case at BoG. So essentially, just your food is brought out to you at ESPN, and service was done on their part. I'm sure your drinks will be delivered at BoG, but I'm guessing refills won't be an option, like at most other CS in the parks.

That said, I never felt the need to tip at ESPN like I have at Pepper Market in the past. Just my :twocents:

BriarRose0708
11-14-2012, 09:17 AM
You know, good question.

When we were there last month, I heard the CM explaining how it would work to a guest during the tour. When he finished, I said "that sounds exactly like how they do it at the ESPN Club at Wide World of Sports". He said "exactly!". I think it's a cool system that works well.

But, your question here has me thinking about it more. The ESPN Club has self-serve fountain drinks, but I'm pretty sure that won't be the case at BoG. So essentially, just your food is brought out to you at ESPN, and service was done on their part. I'm sure your drinks will be delivered at BoG, but I'm guessing refills won't be an option, like at most other CS in the parks.

That said, I never felt the need to tip at ESPN like I have at Pepper Market in the past. Just my :twocents:

In recent photos and reviews elsewhere of BOG lunch, there are in fact self serve drink fountains at least in the Rose Gallery room. Haven't seen any pictures of the West Wing area to know for sure there. The wait staff bring you your food but I believe that's all they do. I am also pretty certain you will need to bus your own table when finished at lunch. Not sure if that would warrant a tip, but I think that would be up to the individuals dining.

Melanie
11-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Interesting. Thanks for the info Nikki! I'm actually quite surprised they have the fountain stations in this restaurant. Wonder if they are covered up/hidden during the dinner service hours?

BriarRose0708
11-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Interesting. Thanks for the info Nikki! I'm actually quite surprised they have the fountain stations in this restaurant. Wonder if they are covered up/hidden during the dinner service hours?

NP. There's a fantastic review on the Disney Food Blog with a lot of pictures and video. You can clearly see the drink stations in both the Ballroom and Rose Gallery, which makes me think they might have changed their minds about opening the Ballroom during lunch. Why would they put them there if it's dinner only? The stations blend into the wall so well that you can't even tell they're there and would be very easy to cover up at dinner time.

emerzmom
11-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks for all this information. I just booked a resort for the 1st week in March and tried to get any day any time during our stay for BoG....nothing.
The CM did tell me that lunch was first come first serve and she highly recommended we do that and to keep checking back because there will be some cancelations. I am not counting on it but it never hurts to wish right?
:tink:
Julie

DebK
11-19-2012, 05:20 PM
We ate lunch in the ballroom last week when we were down. And we did go get our own drinks and silverware........