PDA

View Full Version : Give it to me straight! Rides??

r4kids
11-13-2012, 11:18 AM
So we head down in two weeks. We literally miss the "official openings" by a day!! What are my chances of doing soft openings? I.e pirates in HS, test track, fantasyland openings? Any help is super appreciated! :cloud9:

Strmchsr
11-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Obviously there's no guarantee, but I'd say there's a pretty decent chance you'll see at least one of those with an opening.

VWL Mom
11-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Obviously there's no guarantee, but I'd say there's a pretty decent chance you'll see at least one of those with an opening.

:ditto:

I'd probably go in expecting nothing so any soft opening that may occur would be a plus :mickey:

r4kids
11-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Okie dokie guys! Thank a bunch :) :mickey:

Tink1
11-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Press will start arrving on the 3rd, so it may be closed off. If you are there earlier than the 3rd try to get in then.

Nanc

r4kids
11-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Mk days are 28th and 29th for mvmcp. I will keep my fingers crossed :) and Epcot the 29th and 1st. We may just be able to sneak those days!!! I will hope so.:party:

Gator
11-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Press will start arrving on the 3rd, so it may be closed off. If you are there earlier than the 3rd try to get in then.

Nanc

The press better not ruin my soft openings. I have to deal with their slant all year long at home - don't get in my way for the new rides. Pretty please.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
11-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Sorry What Is the Pirates in HS?

steamboat willy
11-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Just a walk through from what I understand of Capt. Jack Sparrow in place of where Narnia was. Hopefully a little more than "Narnia"!

r4kids
11-15-2012, 01:37 PM
From what I have read it seems pretty cool!! We enjoyed Narnia, usually not busy and a nice little break time. Search google for new pirates of the caribbean hollywood studios on google. It comes up. :mickey:

chriscwest45
11-15-2012, 01:52 PM
I'll be there 1-5th as well so hoping for soft openings! i hadn't heard about the Pirates thing so thats good to know!

r4kids
11-15-2012, 01:58 PM
From what I have read it seems pretty cool!! We enjoyed Narnia, usually not busy and a nice little break time. Search google for new pirates of the caribbean hollywood studios on google. It comes up. :mickey:

Wow said google twice..... Need to stop doing 200 things at once!! lol

Georgesgirl1
11-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Over the past 3 weeks, 3 of us at work have been to WDW, and all 3 of us got to do a soft opening of Fantasyland. I think the chances are pretty good.

r4kids
11-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Over the past 3 weeks, 3 of us at work have been to WDW, and all 3 of us got to do a soft opening of Fantasyland. I think the chances are pretty good.

Yeah!! So do I head over straight in the morning/evening? Wait a little? What is the best plan?

azcavalier
11-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Just got back yesterday. Here's what we saw:

1. The Legend of Jack Sparrow at HS had a soft opening on Sat. Earlier in the week there was scaffolding up and walls blocking the attraction. Saturday is was all gone, looked ready to go, and a CM told me it was open for guests that day. We didn't get a chance to try it, however.

2. The New Fantasyland had "dress rehearsals" every day we were in the MK. We rode the new Little Mermaid ride and ate lunch at Be Our Guest. It was supposed to be for Annual Passholders, but there weren't enough of them, so they let anyone in. We didn't try the Enchanted Storytime with Belle, and we didn't go in to Gaston's Tavern. Gaston was out, however, interacting with guests.

3. Test Track is still closed off. I have no idea about this one.

DisneyDawgette
11-19-2012, 01:12 PM
THIS JUST POSTED ON DISNEY PARKS BLOG:

"Calling all princes, princesses, beasts, villains, knaves, kids and those of you who are simply kids at heart – New Fantasyland has reached a new milestone today with the official start of the area’s Preview Period. During the Preview Period, New Fantasyland will be open and accessible to all Magic Kingdom Park guests. Please keep in mind that this is still a preview phase, so some locations may offer limited operating hours compared to the rest of the park. The area will be in regular operation beginning with the grand opening on December 6."

Hope it helps! The blog has kept up with the New Fantasyland in great detail! Here is the link to the blog:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/let-the-magic-begin-new-fantasyland-preview-period-begins-today-at-magic-kingdom-park/

:thumbsup: