PDA

View Full Version : "New MMY" debuts tonight

11-12-2012, 04:58 PM
The new version of MMY debuts tonight the 12th. New show and music. Anxious to see.
Forgot the new name. Clips I saw the other night after park close looked good. Didn't have the music on though.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
11-12-2012, 05:16 PM
What Is MMY?

MickeysBestPal
11-12-2012, 05:47 PM
What Is MMY?

The "pre-fireworks" show that is projected onto the front facade of Cinderella Castle... that used to be named "The Magic, the Memories, and You" (MMY.)

The NEW name of the newly-revised show is, "Celebrate The Magic" (CtM.)

The show is usually scheduled to begin approx.15 minutes before the MK fireworks start.
(And, sometimes, an additional performance or two at a later time, as well.)

Quadstriker
11-12-2012, 05:58 PM
MMY was the bomb so I'm sure this will be quite good too.

Melanie
11-12-2012, 06:43 PM
MMY was the bomb so I'm sure this will be quite good too.

Agreed! Best new thing DISNEY WORLD has come up with in years. Can't wait to see it in January!

Be sure to report back with your thoughts 11290! :D :fworks:

DisneyorBust
11-12-2012, 07:17 PM
DD #1 and I really enjoyed the MM&Y when we saw it this past January. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Celebrate the Magic.

VWL Mom
11-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Looking forward to hearing what your thoughts are :thumbsup:

11-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Well, it debuted tonight. Personally, for me, I was a bit disappointed in the "total" show. Parts of it seemed a lot better than some of MMY but in general I thought the show was a bit "draggy" if that's a word.

The seasonal segment was pretty much the same as last winters. The Walt segment near the end was much better than the last iteration of the segment in MMY. Did like that there were more character segments in this one.

Of the group that I was watching it with, those who had not seen MMY a lot really liked the new version. Those of us like me that had seen MMY several hundred times since the beginning weren't quite as thrilled.

Will get to see it more this week and next so maybe a few more times will change my mind some. All in all, maybe a C+ for me. Just my $.02, for what that's worth.

Usually when there are double parades, the show will run before fireworks and then somewhat before the second parade. Our board had 3 times shown for Monday night but I don't think it ran that many. Not sure whether it will be more than pre-fireworks before this Saturday or not.

"Celebrate the Magic" makes the 3rd name I heard it called by some our managers Monday LOL. I've also heard "Celebrate the Season" (on our dry board) and "Celebrate the Dream" (a G R manager). LOL

DizneyFreak2002
11-13-2012, 01:21 AM
11290 thanks for the review... I watched a video of tonight's premiere... Honestly, I liked how the projection is so much clearer than MMY.. Was much more vibrant and colorful... The music wasn't all that bad... Didn't seem too bad to me from the video... Can imagine it would look much much better in person... I think this is an improvement on MMY and while not a great improvement, I think this is still better... Especially without the guests pictures plastered in the middle of the show...

VWL Mom
11-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Well, it debuted tonight. Personally, for me, I was a bit disappointed in the "total" show. Parts of it seemed a lot better than some of MMY but in general I thought the show was a bit "draggy" if that's a word.

The seasonal segment was pretty much the same as last winters. The Walt segment near the end was much better than the last iteration of the segment in MMY. Did like that there were more character segments in this one.

Of the group that I was watching it with, those who had not seen MMY a lot really liked the new version. Those of us like me that had seen MMY several hundred times since the beginning weren't quite as thrilled.

Will get to see it more this week and next so maybe a few more times will change my mind some. All in all, maybe a C+ for me. Just my $.02, for what that's worth.

Thanks for your review:thumbsup:

(btw, draggy is a word :blush:)

Melanie
11-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the review 11290! :thumbsup:

I think I'll greatly enjoy not having the guest pics up there, and the seasonal sections are what made it (and kept it fresh) for me.

11-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Sorry if I was a bit rough on it in my post. LOL. I just wasn't as happy with it as I was really expecting.

Had talked with one of the show managers a couple of weeks ago and he built it up to me as really being a huge improvement and I just didn't feel like it met his hype, at least for me anyway. Maybe after I see it 8 or 10 times more this week and next I will be happier with it. I'm sure it will grow on me.

Agree on the "no guest pictures", but I really did like the MMY opening with the balloons and "we're going to Disney World" part. I really did like the vocals in the original show and I found the new show to be a bit lacking in that area.

Enough for me now, gotta go in to work.

DisneyDawgette
11-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Wow, I just watched the video on Youtube. And I thought it was awesome. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRl9R7MicQg