PDA

View Full Version : Santa at WDW

pixiesmimi
11-12-2012, 11:53 AM
What do people do that take children for Christmas to WDW when it is time for Santa to make an appearance on Christmas or they ask how Santa is going to leave their presents? What are some of your inventive ways to handle Christmas Day at a Resort?

brownie
11-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Santa always knows where the kids are.

buzznwoodysmom
11-12-2012, 12:41 PM
We were in WDW for Christmas last year.

First off all we spent Christmas Eve night hanging out at our resort, Wilderness Lodge. Santa was at the tree in the lobby taking photos and speaking with the kids. My kids had a nice conversation with Santa all about the locations he had already delivered gifts, about this being his break before he gets started delivering here in the United States, and he also told them that the reindeer were having a snack and resting over at Fort Wilderness Campground. My kids, especially my youngest, were so thrilled with this conversation with Santa that they still talk about it.

Lucky for Santa, my kids only asked for ipods for Christmas that year. Being that ipods are so small it was easy for Santa to deliver them to the room. And of course Santa just had to use his magic to get into the resort rooms, just like he uses his magic to go down a tiny chimney in a home.

Before the trip my boys were aware that the trip itself was our big family Christmas gift. I told them ahead of time that this was not the year to ask for tons of stuff, and to try to keep their wish list small, and consisiting of small items that would be easy to deliver. Turns out they both wanted ipods and it all worked out great for us. Good luck!

pixiesmimi
11-12-2012, 02:34 PM
They will be surprised ahead of time about the trip and will be told it is their Christmas but they are 8 and 9 and will still be wondering about Santa's visit. We have always told them Santa will find them and they have two different homes sometimes at Christmas so Santa makes a visit to both. Just trying to decide if Santa will visit home and it will be waiting there or if he will visit the resort.

mouseketeer mom
11-13-2012, 04:58 PM
My kids are older, but my youngest is still a believer, and my older girls are on board with helping to keep the Santa magic going for my son. Soo...this is our first trip to WDW for the actual holiday. My son mentioned the other day...how are we going to get all our presents home on the plane??? Then he came up with this on his own..he said "We're probably going to get small stuff, like stocking stuff, and our gifts from Santa will be waiting for us when we get home" YES!! I said that''s probably what is going to happen. My plan is to pack one small thing for each child to open on Christmas morning. They will also each have a card saying the presents will be waiting for them at home. I will be sure to put things out right before we leave. So, for example, my son is getting a hamster as one of his special gifts. I found a small stuffed hamster, and a Christmas card with a Santa hamster on it and the card will read that when he gets home he can go pick out a hamster and the hamsters habitat is waiting at home! I will also put a gift card to a pet store in the card. That should make for an exciting morning in WDW even though it's not a big "gift" morning. I hope it all flys.

buzznwoodysmom
11-13-2012, 08:00 PM
That should make for an exciting morning in WDW even though it's not a big "gift" morning. I hope it all flys.

Lisa,
I know how much this has stressed you in the past. I think you have an excellent plan in place. Our Christmas morning was a very good one last year, even tho there weren't nearly as many gifts as years when we are at home.

pixiesmimi
11-13-2012, 10:30 PM
That sounds like a good plan to me and I think that may be what we do.