PDA

View Full Version : Does the train run during MVMCP?

epceddie
11-10-2012, 12:31 AM
My wife and I have tickets for the Dec. 11 party and she loves to ride the steam train. It's the first thing we do whenever we visit the MK.

MickeysBestPal
11-10-2012, 07:01 AM
My wife and I have tickets for the Dec. 11 party and she loves to ride the steam train. It's the first thing we do whenever we visit the MK.

Not during the actual party.

However, since you can get into MK using only your party ticket as early as 4PM,
you could ride the train between 4:00 and 7:00, or so.

steamboat willy
11-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Great Question! I didn't know this. My wife and I will be at DISNEY the same time and will be doing the :tree: MVMCP ON THE 13th right in the middle of OUR TRIP. We'll See You There!

Oh My Garssh......ONLY 29 Days...:santa::deer::santa:

Main Street Jim
11-10-2012, 09:55 PM
On MVMCP and MNSSHP party nights, the last train usually leaves Main Street station at 6:00pm. The pyro crews need to set up for perimeter fireworks, and the train tracks are in the fallout zones for the launch locations.

mechanic
11-10-2012, 10:05 PM
If you watch the woods near the indian village you can often see the fireworks casings that have fallen from sky.

epceddie
11-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the great replies. We'll be sure to get there early and ride the train before the party. There's no way my wife is going to miss out. Riding the train is her favorite thing to do at the MK.
Loved the tip about looking for the fireworks casings. That's really interesting and I'll be looking for them near the Indian village.

Main Street Jim
11-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Loved the tip about looking for the fireworks casings. That's really interesting and I'll be looking for them near the Indian village.Not just near the Indian village (remember, there's *two* Indian villages - the Powhatan village (the huts); and the "Indian" Indian village ("far West" type teepees). Keep an eye out all along the backside (from the Indian villages all the way to the (new) Fantasyland village.

(For what it's worth, when I used to walk the tracks in the mornings opening the (old) TTF station <we'd have to walk to Frontierland station and back...>, we used to have to clean all of those things up! Once in a great while, we'd even find some "unexploded" shells, and we'd have to call Reedy Creek (the fire department) to come out and collect 'em before we could open the trains for the day...)