PDA

View Full Version : Sick and tired of all of this.

Dulcee
11-07-2012, 01:43 PM
We can't cut a break.

First the hurricane takes out the entire barrier island my parents live on including both of their vehicles.

They move to my sisters house.

Then the nor'eastern gets my sister's home evacuated.

They all move to my brothers house.

Then a tree falls taking out the power that is heating a home to (currently) 6 adults, 4 children, 4 dogs, 2 cats and a parrot.

And now its snowing. And the rental market is so overwhelmed by people who are now homeless that we've had zero luck in finding a rental for my parents who won't be allowed home for the next 4-8 months.

When are we going to catch a break??

faline
11-07-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm so sorry! What a time you've had!! Hoping things improve soon!

minnie04
11-07-2012, 02:14 PM
So sorry that is happening to your family... Man, they could use a BIG break right about now. All I can say is hang in there; hopefully this is the last of the bad events for your family. I hate to say it, but things happen in 3's so this has to be it for you guys... prayers for your family. :pixie: :pixie:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-07-2012, 03:14 PM
I am so sorry! But, things HAVE to start looking up from here. I hope they get the power restored ASAP to the "good" house.

Disney4us2
11-07-2012, 03:46 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: Hope things get better soon.

SBETigg
11-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Yes, I can only imagine how frustrated and stressed out you all must be. What a terrible time. I'm sorry, and I hope things get better-- and no more storms for awhile.

sorcerer fan
11-07-2012, 04:14 PM
bad things alwaus happen in threes, so your luck hopefully will change now. good luck:pixie:

PirateLover
11-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Oh boy, that is awful. I don't blame you for how you are feeling. :pixie: :pixie: Hang in there. At least you all have each other, which is more than many people can say. Hoping things turn around for your family soon!

VWL Mom
11-08-2012, 08:46 AM
How terrible for your parents and your family. Have they tried any of the Toms River over 55 communities for a rental? There were quite a few available before the storm. Otherwise they may have to come inland or go out towards PA.

Best of luck, keeping them in my prayers.
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Jeniflower
11-08-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm so sorry for you family but at least you have each other. wishing you lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie:

Janmac
11-08-2012, 10:20 AM
When are we going to catch a break??

I hear you! It's frustrating and so tiring not having "normal". Just doing any little thing takes so much energy. Not knowing when things will get better makes everything even harder.

We were like that here when the ice storm hit in January 2007 - without power for a week to two weeks, and as soon as the power went out the temps plunged to 4 degrees. Cold and dark is no fun. :(

Every time the electric even blinked, for years after, all of us neighbors would hold our breath and will the power to come back on. Last month a windstorm took out a transformer and we all were calm about it. Finally.

It takes a while for things to get better, but they will.

Jan

princessgirls
11-08-2012, 12:07 PM
It has been a hard 10 days in NJ/NY. It's just draining. The entire state of NJ was affected in one way or another, and most of NY.

Our NJ "shore" coast line and surrounding communities took a direct hit, as did NYC and Long Island. The storm surge from the ocean swept people up during the night on Staten Island... very very awful conditions. Some communities on our shore are gone forever!!!!! I cry everytime I see it on the news, and in the upcoming weeks, I'm going to go down and survey it myself.
Yesterday was day 9 for us being without power, but thankfully I have a home to go back to!!! Our power was restored last night, and we will go back today after school and work.
I will pray for your family Dulcee. I hope they can find a place to live. Please know that our Northern NJ communities are in action and sending teams daily of volunteers to help in anyway we can.
Julie:mickey:

pianobabe
11-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Prayers, :pixie:, and :grouphug: coming your way.

IwannabeinNarnia
11-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Sending my thoughts and prayers your way.. hope things turn around for you and your family.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-10-2012, 09:36 PM
How tragic. I hope things start to turn around ASAP so your lives can all get back to some semblance of normality.

Dulcee
11-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Thanks for all the kind words. We think we've finally found my parents a short term rental. Things remain frustrating as our town is one of the few on the barrier island that STILL hasn't allowed residents into their homes to begin repairs. Every day that the water damage sits it just gets worst.

Hoping things begin to turn around soon.

MNNHFLTX
11-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Glad to hear that you found a rental for your parents, but wow--I can only imagine the stress. Sending positive thoughts for the power coming back on (and heat!)