PDA

View Full Version : Grand Opening - New Fantasyland

steamboat willy
11-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Grand Opening---What Do You Think will Happen on December 6?
I remember watching the Grand Opening of SPACE MOUNTAIN from the deck of a boat transporting guest across Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. They had US ASTRONAUT's aboard the First Space Vehicle and discharged "Day Time" Fireworks :fworks: during the ribbon cutting ceremony. 1000's of little parachutes floated to ground with a rolled note attached announcing the Grand Opening to Space Mountain...DANG I wish had saved on of those chutes!

What do you see happening for FANTASYLANDS EVENT.
Maybe a Knight Riding through on a LARGE BELGIUM Horse?
We we miss the Grand Opening on the 6th....YEA, BUT our First Day at MK will be December 10th with EMO in the evening.

32 DAYS.....:santa::tree::santa:

steamboat willy
11-09-2012, 08:29 AM
WOW....I GUESS FANTASYLANDS Grand Opening means MORE to me! :party::princess::prince:::party2:

See you on Dec. 10th. :santa::tree::santa:

Melanie
11-09-2012, 08:49 AM
I think what takes a lot of steam out of this 'grand' opening is that it's been open in some capacity for the past month or so. No more secrets. On the 6th, it will just be media and VIPs attending the ceremony.

steamboat willy
11-09-2012, 09:16 AM
So I guess you'll be there! :thumbsup:

Melanie
11-09-2012, 09:35 AM
So I guess you'll be there! :thumbsup:

INTERCOT will be there. :thumbsup: I will not. :(

Aurora
11-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Part of my family will be at WDW, but will be avoiding the MK on that day. I wonder how many others will be doing the same thing.

floogen6
11-09-2012, 11:32 AM
We arrive the afternoon of the 6th and talked about going over for a bit but decided against it as we are sure the crowds will be overwhelmingly large ...We will just enjoy Chef Mickeys that evening and hope that the crowd dies down a wee bit before the we head to MK on the 8th...

epceddie
11-10-2012, 12:39 AM
My wife and I will be at WDW Dec. 9-16 and we're going to go out of our way to avoid the Fantasyland crowds. We'll be quite happy riding POC, the Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, the People Mover and Carousel of Progress. Hope everybody else has a great time in Fantasyland!

Kaps
11-10-2012, 09:50 AM
I agree looking to avoid that area. My kids are too old for that area now anyway