PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT Holidays Around The World?

steamboat willy
11-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Never seen the Holidays Around The World before...Is there one that stands out as a must see, see them all or don't bother? We LOVE CHRISTMAS and SANTA CLAUS! :santa2:

Strmchsr
11-06-2012, 11:33 AM
They are all definitely worth seeing. I love every one of them.

sonamae80
11-06-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm excited to be going for the first time this year! I'm assuming that each country will showcase how they celebrate Christmas, right? My DD was asked by her teacher to make a presentation (I'm taking her out of school for this) on how different countries celebrate Christmas when she returns!

Strmchsr
11-06-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm assuming that each country will showcase how they celebrate Christmas, right?

Some more than others. Obviously not all of the countries celebrate Christmas (Morocco, China, Japan for instance). At many of the places there are holiday storytellers who help show you how they celebrate. But, even at those countries who do not celebrate Christmas they at least have a plaque that talks about that country's winter holiday, or even the Monkey King in China to talk about their traditions.

steamboat willy
11-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I found this on another site. Last years line-up.

CANADA - A Christmas Journey

UK - Father Christmas

France - Pe're Noel

Monaco - Taarji

Japan - DarUma Vender

American Adventure - Hunakkah

American Adventure - Kwanzaa

Italy - La Befana

Germany - A Christmas Wish

China - The Monkey King

Norway -Merry Mischief

Mexico - Los Tres Reyes Mangos

This should be close or get us all an idea.

33 Days......:santa2::santa2::santa2:

mariak
11-06-2012, 07:36 PM
My favorite is Pere Noel in France! He's so Christmassy!

Also, if you can do it, I highly recommend getting a Candlelight Processional dinner package! It's amazing and it will really put you in the holiday spirit!

Maria

KatrinaJ91
11-06-2012, 09:30 PM
We loved all of it! Make sure you read all of the signs that tell about each countries traditions. It was very interesting. All of the "Santas" are amazing as well. Stop and listen to their stories. Christmas in Epcot is very magical!

sonamae80
11-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Some more than others. Obviously not all of the countries celebrate Christmas (Morocco, China, Japan for instance). At many of the places there are holiday storytellers who help show you how they celebrate. But, even at those countries who do not celebrate Christmas they at least have a plaque that talks about that country's winter holiday, or even the Monkey King in China to talk about their traditions.

Thank you for the info! I'm looking forward to learning all about the traditions of each country! ;) And we will be doing the Candlelight Processional too, and I'm so excited about that! ;)

CaptainSad
11-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Norway is by far the most entertaining...

Gator
11-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Norway is by far the most entertaining...

Yeah, the laugh factor is way up on this one. But the two I never miss is the Liberty Voices doing their Christmas songs, and the World Showcase players doing the Christmas Carol in the UK. I love those shows anyway, but the Christmas spirit really livens them up.

DisneyorBust
11-14-2012, 08:39 AM
If you have the time, I recommend experiencing what each country has to offer. We found each to be entertaining in their own way, a great time.