PDA

View Full Version : 5th theme park?

riley1129
11-06-2012, 09:29 AM
IF there was to be a fifth theme park like some imagineers have left us to believe there would be, what would it be based on?

MickeysBestPal
11-06-2012, 09:41 AM
IF there was to be a fifth theme park like some imagineers have left us to believe there would be, what would it be based on?

Star Wars?

(Due to many real-world factors, however, don't expect a 5th gate at WDW in a long, long time.)

ransam
11-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Marvel.

CMCTxMom
11-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I can't see basing an entire PARK on one line of characters... I don't think there should be a 5th gate to detract from the others. I think there's PLENTY that could be done (updated/referbished/newly constructed) within the current parks. They ALL could use some love and $$$ put into them. Maybe less so in the MK, but definately in Epcot, DHS and AK, don't 'cha think?

DisneyDawgette
11-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Marvel.

Unfortunately, Universal owns the park rights to the Marvel franchise. Sad day.

Personally, I'd be game for a Pixar park if there weren't already traces of the movies in most parks! Everyone has always thrown around the idea of a Villains park -which I think would be absolutely awesome. So I'd echo a Villains park as my pick. :)

Roger's #1 Fan
11-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Although I would fear a major dilution of resources and other issues, a blue sky, 5th park gate would look something like IOA.

Using all the Disney purchased entities, there would be 4 areas: Star Wars themed land, Marvel themed land, Muppets themed land, and Avatar themed land.

In my mind this could cater to families as well as young adults since the four lands and their attractions could be geared to each age group.

I'd call it "Acquisition Kingdom" :D

BrowncatP
11-06-2012, 04:37 PM
"Acquisition Kingdom" how funny!:haha:

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
11-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Marvel.

Actually Disney does not own the rights to theme park rides associated with MARVEL they belong to Universal. Because Marvel gave them the rights before they were sold to Disney.

IwannabeinNarnia
11-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Would love to see a Villian themed park...that would be so cool!!!!

Butters
11-07-2012, 09:17 AM
I would like to see the plans for the US history park brought back out, or better yet bring Disney Sea to the states!!!

bdm@pga
11-07-2012, 11:20 AM
I think Disney would open a park to compete with Sea World. :thumbsup:

Cheshire_Girl
11-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Personally, I'd be game for a Pixar park if there weren't already traces of the movies in most parks! Everyone has always thrown around the idea of a Villains park -which I think would be absolutely awesome. So I'd echo a Villains park as my pick. :)

Villains has my vote. The focal could be Night on Bald Mountain. You walk in the gate, and there it is towering above the park..Bald Mountain...And you just know that somewhere deep in it's cavernous belly, waiting to rise up and call his minions is...Chernabog!!!!!

(any one read the Kingdom Keepers books? A villain park could be dangerous! :mickey: )

IwannabeinNarnia
11-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Villains has my vote. The focal could be Night on Bald Mountain. You walk in the gate, and there it is towering above the park..Bald Mountain...And you just know that somewhere deep in it's cavernous belly, waiting to rise up and call his minions is...Chernabog!!!!!

(any one read the Kingdom Keepers books? A villain park could be dangerous! :mickey: )

Ohhhh.. Bald Mountain as the focal point! What a great idea! That would be so awesome! They could base their night show around it, with fireworks and all.. and the highlight WOULD be Chernabog rising up out of the mountain! I can imagine all the smoke and light effects, then this dark figure rising up.. and all the villians' evil laughs mixing together, coming from all around you so you don't know which way to turn or which way to run... I'm getting chills just thinking about it!

Gator
11-07-2012, 04:33 PM
They could go with a Sci Fi Kingdom. There would be Star Wars Land, Marvel Land, The Grid (from Tron), and Wall-E World.

DizneyFreak2002
11-07-2012, 07:21 PM
My choice for a 5th theme park? None... They can't handle the 4 they have now.. A 5th would be overkill...

Oh and for Marvel, will not happen in WDW since Universal owns the rights east of the Mississippi... In Disneyland and the foreign parks, well.....

Tearin_it_up
11-07-2012, 07:25 PM
How about a Video Game park? Xbox land, Playstation Land, Nintendo Land. Probably way too much to acquire all those rights, but I can dream. Also too competative between lands? I can just see Mario starring at Masterchief on the other side of the park with an evil eye.