PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Calendar question

natstroop
11-05-2012, 11:15 AM
I looked at three different crowd calendars recently to see what they say about the days we'll be at WDW. I notice that all three of them say that Dec 4th is a good day to go to MK. But there is morning EMH that day plus a MVMCP that evening. I thought I've seen many times to avoid parks with AM EMH. Plus wouldn't the park be even busier with the MVMCP that night? I'm just curious how these calendar people get their info. What would your opinion be for that day?

AgentC
11-05-2012, 11:53 AM
I looked at three different crowd calendars recently to see what they say about the days we'll be at WDW. I notice that all three of them say that Dec 4th is a good day to go to MK. But there is morning EMH that day plus a MVMCP that evening. I thought I've seen many times to avoid parks with AM EMH. Plus wouldn't the park be even busier with the MVMCP that night? I'm just curious how these calendar people get their info. What would your opinion be for that day?

Usually party days have lower crowds during the days because most people don't want to go to the Magic Kingdom on a day when it closes early. If someone has not bought a ticket to the party, they will have to leave at 7 and can not see the parade or fireworks. On the 3rd, MK has PM EMH until 11 pm plus the parade and wishes. More visitors are likely to go to MK on a day that the park is open 9-11 than 8-7.

The second most popular day would probably be the Saturday because again MK is open all day and it is after the Grand Opening of New Fantasyland.

I do think this week is going to be hard to judge because of the Grand Opening, but I think it will be one of the better days to visit Magic Kingdom.

Niecyboo
11-05-2012, 03:55 PM
If you don't have Park Hopping, you will have to understand you will have a very short day at Magic Kingdom. On our recent MNNHP experience had the park very empty all morning, but as the day went on it did get more and more crowded with people who slept in but were using a day of their tickets before the party. Then at 4:00 Disney will let in people without a park ticket, but with the MNNSHP ticket so that is when we left the park and headed over to Epcot.

Gator
11-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Feel free to go there. I'll be at Disney Studios that day:D

But really, the MK is very light on the crowds on MVMCP days. Why? Because no one wants to go there on a short day with no fireworks. So it will be a good crowd day to be there.

natstroop
11-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Feel free to go there. I'll be at Disney Studios that day:D.

Hey Gator...we'll actually be at Studios that day too. We'll be going to MK on the 5th. I was just debating if I should change. :)