PDA

View Full Version : Test Track

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
11-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Does anybody know if there will be soft openings fo Test Track? And I know the Grand Opening is on Dec 6th.

Melanie
11-03-2012, 12:39 PM
From riding by on the monorail all week, it looks to me like there is so much work to be done. The gift shop area still looks gutted, not to mention the entrance area looks in disarray.

I have no idea on soft opening.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
11-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Do you think they would have them by November 23 - 29th

mudpuppysmom
11-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Last night I heard them testing cars......and you could sorta see them (it was dark), but I for sure heard them......DH and both boys said they saw the cars on the outside track! That said, it does in fact look like a LOT of work left to be done, but that could be finished up spit spot quick!

Jared
11-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Do you think they would have them by November 23 - 29th
It's definitely possible. Though the outside is still not quite ready, they have been cycling unmanned cars through the ride. That's a good sign.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
11-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks You! I have my fingers crossed for a soft opening on those days!

DizneyFreak2002
11-09-2012, 05:56 PM
After the art that was released today, my expectations for the attraction lowered considerably... Seems like they went all out on the queue but skimped out on the ride...

Gator
11-09-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm in Epcot on Dec 5th. Hoping for a soft opening since I'll be missing the real opening by one lousy day.

DizneyFreak2002
11-13-2012, 02:02 AM
Pictures of the CM outfits have been released online... They are gray with a large TT on the front of the shirt... I wouldn't call the outfit bad, and honestly, I think they look better than the previous uniforms/costumes/attire they wore...

DisneyDawgette
11-13-2012, 11:27 AM
When we went in October, the whole area was a complete mess! It didn't look like they had done anything but take a giant wrecking ball through the whole thing. But, if they're testing cars maybe the looks were a bit deceiving?

I hope for your sake they do a soft opening! And for ours so you can tell us how it is! ;)

I must say though, I have rather low expectations. Of all of the rides I felt needed work, this was not one of them for me. :/