PDA

View Full Version : Reusing old Disney Refillable Mugs?

nunners
11-02-2012, 11:57 AM
We love the refillable mugs and always get them on our trips to Disney World, but we have so many now with multiple members in our family. I was wondering if Disney has ever considered letting people bring their old mugs and pay a reduced rate so we don't have to keep buying more mugs. We love them, but environmentally speaking, it would be so nice to reuse them. I have heard they may be doing something with a barcode/chip and scanner system on new mugs. Maybe there could be a barcode label printed out when we check in that we could put on our old mugs-effective only during our stay. I just hate having to buy new mugs when we have at least 20 at our house already.

Just wondering if anyone else agrees...:mickey:

Itchy
11-02-2012, 12:44 PM
From what I have read on the sites here is that the test they had for the bar code or chip did not work out to well and I think it is on the back burner for now.

I like your idea of repeat discount use but I think the logistics of managing and getting it to work would be a nightmare for Disney.

I guess we will just be stuck with buying a new one each trip and adding to the collection.

Hope this helps...:mickey: