PDA

View Full Version : New fantasyland

nicholsbears
11-01-2012, 04:14 PM
:(
So sad...we will be at WDW the last week in Nov. and Test Track and the new Fantasyland will not be open.
:santa3:

Cheshire_Girl
11-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Make sure you walk back to the castle wall at the new Fantasyland and check it out! They have had so many "soft openings" that you just may get a chance to check it out!

PirateLover
11-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Definitely can't hurt to pop on by and ask around. They've been opening it here and there to the general public. Are you going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? They were opening it up at night for Halloween Party guests, stands to reason they might do the same for the Christmas party. Hopefully, you'll get lucky!

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
11-01-2012, 07:55 PM
:(
So sad...we will be at WDW the last week in Nov. and Test Track and the new Fantasyland will not be open.
:santa3: The New Fantasyland will have soft openings everyday from the 19th til the Grand Opening on December 6th. They say it should be open around 6 hrs each day. And they say there very well could be a soft opening for Test Track. Hopefully you are no longer sad.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
11-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Im going during the last week of November also!

disneydeb
11-01-2012, 08:49 PM
We will be there 11/28-12-5!!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
11-01-2012, 09:09 PM
We are there 11/28-12/7 Hoping for soft opening too!

MelissaW
11-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Definitely can't hurt to pop on by and ask around. They've been opening it here and there to the general public. Are you going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? They were opening it up at night for Halloween Party guests, stands to reason they might do the same for the Christmas party. Hopefully, you'll get lucky!

I would agree with MaryAnne. They opened it during the special events. Be sure and get a Lefou's Brew (spelling?) It is fruity - the combination doesn't sound good, but it is quite yummy! And the souvenier cup is cute! :beer:

mudpuppysmom
11-03-2012, 11:07 PM
We were there last Saturday and got in and rode the new Ariel ride....now keep in mind I have two boys, but it was much like the clam mobiles @ Nemo. The theming is quite nice though and my cousin was very impressed with the animatronics.....she is 15 and wants to be an engineer, so take it for what you will. It wasn't very busy, but yet it seemed to be crawling with people!

Jared
11-04-2012, 08:52 AM
New Fantasyland will be open during the last week in November. The "official" previews start Nov. 19 and are expected to last until the grand opening on Dec. 6. The entire area -- including the Be Our Guest restaurant -- has already been open at various times. You should definitely have an opportunity to experience the area during your trip.

As for Test Track, I understand it's coming along nicely. They have already cycled some unmanned cars through the ride. There's definitely a possibility of a soft opening by late-November.

11-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Right now is very "hit or miss" as to whether day guests will get in. CM previews ended last Friday and right now is annual passholder previews.

Generally, at various times throughout the day if the amount of preview reservations is low, then day guests MAY be let in depending on the manager on duty at the time, but it is a "hit or miss" situation. Sometimes yes and sometimes no.

Saturday, passholder previews were pretty full and when I looked for today (Sunday) they looked pretty full through the late part of the evening.

Good luck if you make it in as it is really nice.