PDA

View Full Version : Is MK going to be crazy the weekend of Dec 8?

lawgirl
10-31-2012, 06:21 PM
I just saw where the new Fantasyland is opening up Dec 6. Does that mean that the MK is going to be crazy that weekend? I really want to go to MVMCP on the 9th, but it's probably going to be really crowded I would imagine.

What are your thoughts?

MickeysBestPal
10-31-2012, 06:54 PM
I just saw where the new Fantasyland is opening up Dec 6. Does that mean that the MK is going to be crazy that weekend? I really want to go to MVMCP on the 9th, but it's probably going to be really crowded I would imagine.

What are your thoughts?

Should be pretty busy.

Aurora
11-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Here's an earlier thread about this:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=195508

And here's Strmchsr's post about it:

Parade taping is the weekend prior to the official opening. However, from what I'm hearing from my CM friends, they're being told to expect massive crowds. If your dad has a problem with crowds, it'd probably be a good idea to avoid MK.

PirateLover
11-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about MVMCP. It's a limited ticket event. I have been to it when it was "Sold Out" the week before Christmas, and it was easier to navigate those crowds than the ones during normal hours. Sadly, the secret is out about December.

lawgirl
11-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I think we will just buy the party tickets and brave the crowd! Thanks for your opinions on it. Hopefully, like you said above, the Christmas party will not be as crowded as during the daytime!

Disney Hungarian
11-01-2012, 11:11 PM
I will be there Dec. 9-14th. I don't like the crowds, but Christmas comes but once a year and it is my favorite time to be there. If it is as crowded as it was last Saturday for ICOT15, I will just adjust my touring plans to include the first hour of the parks opening. Take it nice and slow the rest of the day. :mickey:

epceddie
11-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm hoping that Fantasyland siphons off most of the crowd. My wife and I will be at WDW Dec. 9-16 and the closest we plan on getting to the new Fantasyland is the Haunted Mansion. We're going to avoid it like the plague.