PDA

View Full Version : Crowds the day after Thanksgiving?

princesstina
10-31-2012, 09:01 AM
We will be there the day after Thanksgiving for a week and i was wondering about the crowds?

buzznwoodysmom
10-31-2012, 09:55 AM
We've been twice for Thanksgiving week. On both trips we found the Friday after Thanksgiving to be the most crowded day of our trip. We didn't do the parks on Thanksgiving day, but I would assume that day was just as crowded, probably more packed. The Saturday after was also very crowded. We stayed till the Tuesday after Tday on one of the trips and by Sunday you could see a dramatic drop in crowds. The week following Thanksgiving should be a good week to be there.

princesstina
10-31-2012, 10:08 AM
That is great!! Thank you so much!!

CynBeth
10-31-2012, 08:14 PM
The day after Thanksgiving is the first day of Holidays Around the World and CP at EPCOT so it gets very crowded from what I hear. Last year we were there Thanksgiving Week and decided to go to Sea World the day after Thanksgiving and it wasn't bad. It was our only chance to see CP so we did go to EP late afternoon for our dinner ressie before the last show of the evening.

jnfr2424
10-31-2012, 11:46 PM
This will be our 5th Thanksgiving trip we arrive on Thanksgiving week and stay for 10 days. We do not do the parks on T-day (we usually stay at the resort or if its warm enough go to a water park)That Friday Epcot is nuts because of the 1st CP so we usually hang at DHS and check out Osbourne SoL

BigRedDad
11-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Our experience is that it is slam packed until the Monday after. We have been twice during this time. The first was right after 9/11. The parks were nearly empty that Thanksgiving week. We waited no more than 10 minutes for a ride. The other was in 2008. I will never go back during that time again. The insane price increases, the insane lines, the insane crowds. If I have a choice of going only during this time or never going, I would choose to never go.