PDA

View Full Version : ADR Party Change

SleepinB
10-30-2012, 12:07 PM
My wife and I have an ADR for 2. Since making the ADR my sons have decided they would like to join us.

Has anyone arrived for an ADR with more in the party than the original ADR?

TheDuckRocks
10-31-2012, 09:58 AM
I think it would depend on where you are dining and exactly how many people you are planning on adding. Also a lot of restaurants have 2 top tables and you just might not be able to get a larger one.

SleepinB
12-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Resubmitting for additional replies.

VWL Mom
12-06-2012, 07:07 AM
I agree with Kay, depending on the venue you may be out of luck. If you were going from a 3 to a 4, they could probably accommodate you no problem because you'd be using the same table size. Going from 2 to 4 is a different story.

You can ask but don't be surprised if you are turned away at the busier places during busier times. Have you tried booking them a table for 2? Then upon arrival you could ask to be seated together and you might have better luck since they would already be accounted for in the system.

Darn kids are always causing problems :D

SleepinB
12-06-2012, 11:42 AM
I agree with Kay, depending on the venue you may be out of luck. If you were going from a 3 to a 4, they could probably accommodate you no problem because you'd be using the same table size. Going from 2 to 4 is a different story.

You can ask but don't be surprised if you are turned away at the busier places during busier times. Have you tried booking them a table for 2? Then upon arrival you could ask to be seated together and you might have better luck since they would already be accounted for in the system.

Darn kids are always causing problems :D

It's for Be Our Guest Restaurant. I am not liking our odds. LOL

Kplaster
12-06-2012, 11:47 AM
I would ask the conceirge if they can find you a reservation for the correct number if not then show up a little early for your reservation and normally they can accomadate you just might be a little later than your planned reservation. Or you could try for getting another table for the extra people if there is room and they can't add more to yours.

BrerGnat
12-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I think your best bet is to keep checking availability for a table for 4, right up through the day of the ADR. People do cancel all the time.

If that fails, show up a good deal early, state the situation, and see if they can accommodate you. Be prepared to be told "no", though, and have your kids make alternate dining plans for that meal in case it can't be done.

SleepinB
12-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Thank you for all the info and help. We will check online for cancellations and keep our fingers crossed