PDA

View Full Version : MK Crowds on Christmas Day

pixiesmimi
10-29-2012, 08:13 PM
How crowded is MK on Christmas Day and will we still be able to get in after 10:00 a.m.? We had a hard time finding dining reservations for that day (none in MK) :( so had to go with the closest we could get which is GF Cafe for breakfast. But that will make us getting there after 10:00. We were afraid to go to the park and then leave later in the day to go somewhere for TS and not be able to get back in.

buzznwoodysmom
10-30-2012, 11:40 AM
We were in WDW for Christmas last year. MK was the only park that closed due to capacity on Christmas Day.

We had a 9am breakfast at Chef Mickey's then went to AK for the day. When we arrived at AK a bit before 11am there were signs out notifying guests that MK was currently closed. When we left AK around 3-4ish, the signs were still there.

We had dinner back at WL. We had planned to end our day in MK. After dinner we checked with the front desk to see if MK was still closed. This was a bit after 6pm and the park was now open. Just seeing the number of people waiting for a boat from WL to MK was enough to change our minds. After such a wonderful, peaceful day we didn't want to end it fighting crowds at MK. We ended up staying at WL for the rest of the night. We were staying at WL anyway, so we just enjoyed an evening at our resort.

I think you might be cutting it close. I don't think it's a plan I would count on with my family on Christmas Day. We avoided MK on Christmas day on purpose. We picked AK because it is usually the least crowded park for holidays. Our main goal was to have the least amount of crowds we could on Christmas Day.