PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Trip Report Part 4 October 21-25th

eeyorepoohfan
10-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Disneyland (DL) park hours 8AM-6PM
California Adventure (CA) park hours 8AM-8PM
Up at 6AM again! This is when I'm thankful for the shorter park hours because we have felt rested! We got through the turnstiles before park opening again. We saw the Queen of Hearts and Alice when you first enter main street! Pics taken!!! Walking towards the castle and now it is covered in snow!! It's amazing what they do overnight. But it's confusing have Christmas and Halloween up at the same time! We haven't spent any time in Fantasyland, so that's where we start! We took our time getting pics and arrived through the castle around 8:30AM and it was empty!!! Seriously! Peter Pan was 10 minutes! Snow White was down and they were working on it. So over to Pinnochio. Right at the end of the ride, we broke down! They actually turned on the lights and he had to walk out! I've never had that happen on a Fantasyland dark ride before! They didn't want you taking pics, but we snuck a few! We looked over and there was NO wait for Dumbo! People literally got in the queue and walked right onto the ride! This was around 8:45AM!!! We opted to not spin in circles on Dumbo to save that for the Tea Cups. We stopped in the Mad Hatter shop on the way, it's such a cute store!! Hubby and I rode Tea Cups while the in-laws watched. Again, we walked right on and actually waited for a few more people to get on the ride before they started it!! Spinning done, we went to Alice in Wonderland. Less than a 5 minute wait!! I have never in my life seen Fantasyland this empty before! The Casey Jr Train and the Storybook Canal Boats are down for refurb right now.

We checked our apps and Nemo submarines was only a 15 minute wait, so we headed that way. We walked by the Matterhorn and it was nearly empty! So we got in line and waited about 2 minutes! I was so proud, my in-laws had their hands up for the entire ride! That done, off to Nemo! It was just about a 15 minute wait. I normally wait 30-45 minute first thing in the morning and this was an hour into park opening!

Off to Toontown! Roger Rabbit Spin was a 1 minute wait! Though it has the longest queue line! We walked through that quickly and just had to wait to board the next car! We then went to Mickey's house. I haven't walked through this house in years and years and years because the wait is usually so long since you meet him at the end. We walked through his house nearly by ourselves! I got tons of pics because it is so different than what his WDW house was! We waited about 3 minutes and saw Mickey!!! We didn't do Minnie's house because she had a 30 minute wait! We then went to Gadgets Go Coaster and walked right on!! We took some pics and left Toontown and went to the train station right there. Again, since my FIL is a railroad engineer, we thought he was missing work It's a Small World is down to get their Christmas decor set up. So we saw it empty! But they were working hard because there were already lots of lights on the outside of the building! We were getting hungry so we were thinking on the train of where to eat. We got off the train at New Orleans Square thinking we might eat over there. Hubby grabbed a Chimichunga from a cart outside Thunder Mountain and the in-laws and I decided on big corn dogs from the reg wagon on Main Street. We only waited a couple of minutes to get our lunch in hand.

We saw that at the Golden Horseshoe the next show started within 10 minutes. I've never seen the show, so we took our food to eat there (since you can). What a funny show and a great break! We checked our apps and Space Mountain was a 30 minute wait, not bad for early afternoon! In-laws told us to go have fun! We told them they could check out Tom Sawyer Island if they wanted a little break. But they ended up going to Main Street for shopping. Though they did get a little turned around once they left us! Hubby and I got our last Space Mountain ride in and it was right around that 30 minute mark! We called the in-laws when we were done and they were shopping. Hubby and I went and watched the Disneyland Story and then peaked in the Cinema House. In-laws were done shopping so we said our goodbyes to Disneyland since this was our last day. We waved goodbye to the castle and took our last pics. On our way out we saw the Dapper Dans and watched for a few minutes! I never seem to catch them!

Back over to CA for Starbucks again!!! Hubby got ice cream at Clarabelles. He got a mint chocolate chip ice cream hot fudge sundae! It's the same ice cream as the place on Main Street! Super yummy!! We saw Goofy in his 1920 outfit so we got a pic with him! Since Toy Story was down for a quick refurb yesterday, we needed to get on it today. On our way, we took our pic in front of the Cars Land Sign. We also saw Donald in his sailor outfit! My hubby loves meeting Donald, yet Donald never likes my hubby in our pic! We grabbed fast passes for Screamin on our way to Toy Story because the standby line was about 25 minutes. But they fast pass return time was only about 35 minutes later! Since the in-laws won't do the upside down loop, we got 4 passes for the 2 of us. We went and got in line for Toy Story and it was just under a 30 minute wait!!! I finally beat my hubby again!! In-laws went shopping now while we used our Screamin fast passes. We even saw the hidden Mickey when you look down while in the loop! Great ride as always!!! We got 2 rides in in about 15 minutes!

We went back through Cars Land for a few more pics and shopping. Supper time, so we went back to the pasta place for a yummy dinner. We were going to go on Goofy's sky school coaster, but the wait was 35 minutes and didn't feel like waiting that long for it. It was about 30 minutes until closing time, so we decided to walk through Cars Land lit up with neon one last time! We were going to try to single rider it, but that was almost a 40 minute wait! So we opted to just go through the stores one last time.

We left the park through the Grand Californian but took the exit to go to Downtown Disney. We had more shopping to do! World of Disney, Art Gallery, Vinylmation, Lego Store! We saw the ice rink they just set up for the new Tinker Bell movie. It looked like it was $15 plus $3 skate rental. For little ones it was $12 to skate and use the double blade skates. They require everyone to wear helmets and pads. There were a few people out and we eventually saw their little zambonie come out!

We got back to our hotel, very slowly. We all went back to our rooms to pack up since we leave in the morning. Packed up and in bed by 10:15PM!

pdrlkr
11-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2: