PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Trip Report Part 3 October 21-25th

eeyorepoohfan
10-29-2012, 04:41 PM
DL hours 8AM-6PM
CA hours 8AM-8PM
Up at 6AM since the parks open at 8AM. We went to CA first since they didn't have early hours that day. My hubby went straight to the Radiator Springs Racers fastpass line. They have you line up on Buena Vista streets. It only took him about 10 minutes and he had our 4 fastpasses for the group! The return time was for 9:40AM!!! While he did that my MIL and FIL and I went around the streets of America. We took pics of the clothes they had on display in one of the windows with the costumes from the show "Once Upon a Time" since we are fans! Hubby called and said he was done getting fastpasses and we met him at the ride! We got in line for Racers right away. I think we waited about 45 minutes. Another fun ride! We still had just a little bit of time before we could use our fastpasses. So we got in line for Luigis flying tires, about a 10-15 minute wait! It was fun to do, but I would not wait long for this attraction! But we were all happy we did it. It was now time for our Racers fast passes!! We only waited about 10 minutes to use our fastpasses. So we've ridden Racers 3 times now and we have still only seen the scene with getting new tires!! No new paint job yet! But at least it's a fun scene! We left Cars Land for a bit.

We headed through Bugs Life Land and headed to the Tower of Terror. No line! We just had to wait outside the room you watch the movie in for about 2 minutes. We were in the line that went upstairs to lead, we only waited about 5 minutes to get in our elevator! I love the pic of us on this ride! The look on my FIL and MIL face is so fun! They are smiling and laughing so big!!! We then went to Monsters Inc ride for a tour of Monstropolis, I love this movie and have to go on this ride every time! Stopped for a picture with Pluto in their "hub". We walked right on!!!!

Lunch time! We had ribs and onion rings at Taste Pilots Grill. Super yummy as always!! Then on to Soarin with only a 10 minute wait!! Then off to Grizzly River Run (with our $.88 panchos from Walmart)! We are so glad we had them because we would have been soaked! And the temps are only in the low 70s! My MIL and I were in need of caffeine so off to Starbucks for some coffee!! I love having Starbucks on property!! And their prices were much more than what I pay locally! We walked through some more shops and then decided it was time to go to DL for a bit, they were only open for a few more hours.

Wew got some pics in front of the Mickey and train station. Then we went straight back to Splash Mountain since we were already a little wet. 10 minute wait! Panchos donned again! My hubby and I were in the front and our feet got soaked!!!! Other than that we were dry! We were done with water rides so we passed off our panchos to people in line! They were thankful!

My hubby and I got in line to see Pooh characters, another must on a trip for me! The in-laws wanted to go shop in Poohs store instead. Pics done, we met them inside. I had mentioned to my in-laws that in all my trips in my life, I've never had Mickey ears! Well I had tried on ears and they were way too big for my head (I have a smaller head) and the kids one was too small! So I tried on the Minnie ears headband that has sequence on it and they fit! So my MIL bought them because she said it just wasn't right that I've never had ears! She is so nice! Ears in place, we head to ride the Winnie the Pooh ride, 5 minute wait. My hubby and I try to point out the mounted heads left over from Country Bear Jamboree but the in-laws didn't look up fast enough.

He head over to Thunder Mountain and have just a 15 minute wait! My FIL is a railroad engineer, so he got a kick out of this one! Snack time! Hubby and I shared a Dole Whip float, first float for us! We've had the regular whip before. It was yummy! My in-laws opted for Mickey Ice Cream Bars. They LOVED them! My MIL tasted ours and liked the pineapple too! We decided to take a little break and go into the Tiki room since they just opened the doors for the next show! FIL got a little nap in and the rest of us enjoyed the show and the break! Off to Jungle Cruise! Another great skipper! They had so many new jokes!!! We then climbed the Tarzan Treehouse for the views! Indiana Jones is down for refurb until December. I was bummed, but we made the best of it! Wish my in-laws could have seen it! We went and took a few more castle pics and noticed that they started decorating for Christmas overnight! There was now snow on some of the castle that wasn't there yesterday! We also saw them setting up for the Halloween party, so time to head back to CA.

In-laws doing a little shopping and I find the mailboxes for the "apartments" up stairs! I love finding these little things I've heard about on discussion boards! We then went into the Art of Animation building and saw the Frankenweenie displays. I completely forgot about the Beasts wing they had set up in this building with the computer questions to see which character you are!! I hope it's there when I go next time! This pics looked nice for that area! We then went and watched the 4D preview for Frankenweenie. It looks pretty good!

It was getting to be supper time. I had seen that at the Cozy Cone you can get basically a frito pie in a bread cone. So hubby wanted to try that! So we went there and grabbed him one while I got some pics of Cars Land at sunset. We all then went over to the Pacific Warf Cafe and got soup in bread bowls. The frito pie cone was actually really good! Not enough share just that for a meal, but satisfying for one person. So we shared that and we all got our own soup bowls. Hubby and in-laws got clam chowder and everyone was very happy with their choice. I got cheese and broccoli, amazing as always!!

Bellies full we walk through Cars Land at night to get lots of pics of all the neon. While we are there, we notice we don't hear Racers going. Sure enough, it's been down for a while and there are empty cars on the track. While we are standing and taking pics in front of the track, the cars start moving! We give it a few minutes, just to be sure. Sure enough, it's back up and running. We get in the standby line and waited about 45-50 minutes. There was a big backup since they had a lot of fast passers from while it was down. We finally got to see the car painting scene!!! It only took 4 tries! We got off the ride right when World of Color was starting. The park closed at 8PM, but World of Color doesn't start until 8:15PM. We had fastpasses so we walked that way. By the time we got there, the show had been going for about 5 minutes. Our section has a front section where you will get wet from the spray, it's called "the wet zone". We figured that was our best bet for actually being able to see. Holy cow, this was an amazing section to stand in! Yes, we did get misted on, but it wasn't horrible! Plus, there is the scene with fire on the water so that warms you up! It was virtually an unobstructed view!

Parks are closed so we walk through the Grand Californian exit that's in the park and cut all the way through to go back to our hotel! This saved us walking through Downtown Disney! Back to our rooms, getting ready for bed and we hear loud booms. At first we were afraid they were gun shots! We peaked out and could see fireworks! From our rooms, we could actually see all of the fireworks from the Halloween show! It was great! So we were all standing in our jammies on the balcony watching them! Back to our rooms. I was asleep by 10:15PM!!!

pdrlkr
11-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2: