PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Trip Report Part 2 October 21-25th

eeyorepoohfan
10-29-2012, 04:41 PM
I forgot to mention that this is my in-laws first trip to Disneyland in 26 years!!!!!
Disneyland (DL) hours 10AM-8PM
California Adventure (CA) 10AM-8PM
Since I am training for the Tinker Bell half marathon in January here at Disneyland, I wanted to get at least one short run in while we were there to get a feel for the area. My hubby and I got up around 6AM, got dressed and headed out. We ran up near the Disneyland hotel, through Downtown Disney, through the promenade, up Harbor, turned on Katella to our hotel. We did about 2.5 miles and paced really good! It was fun! We got ready for the day, ate some breakfast and started walking to the parks. My in-laws bought their park tickets as part of a package with Southwest vacations, so we needed to go pick up their tickets at will-call. We asked someone and they said we could just get it at any ticket booth. We got in line and there was a super nice CM that said two windows just opened but no one was going to them! So we went to the next ticket booth and were first in line! The CM there was super nice and helpful. It took about 5 minutes to get there tickets taken care of. Since my hubby and I have annual passes, we can't do the magic morning hour at the parks. My in-laws got a multiday hopper ticket, so they had 1 early day they could do, but they opted to just go when we were with them. We started in Disneyland(DL) since California Adventure (CA) was the early entry park. They let us through the turnstiles and onto Main Street before park opening. We took our time taking pics and looking at all of the decorations. We heard them announce the rope drop and we slowly made our way towards Tomorrowland. First ride for my in-laws was Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy! I will say that I missed the regular music they use on this ride. It is much scarier and have a sign stating this at the entrance. They have projections of very creepy looking creatures throughout the ride. We waiting almost 30 minutes to get on. Next we went to Star Tours with just a 10 minute wait. Then across to Buzz Light Year with a 10 minute wait. We left tomorrowland and saw a bunch of people in front of the castle. Wouldn't you know it, Vanna White was filming on the bridge! There were signs up saying they were filming that day. She looked great!

We then headed over to the Matterhorn. We were using both the Disney Magic Mobile App and MouseWait to check times. They said it had a 35 minute wait. We went ahead and waited. It turned out to just be about 15-20 minutes!! This was our first time on this since the refurb. You still just have a seat belt, but no longer can have 2 people in the same seat. I think I got banged up a lot less on the new seats then the old!

We were starting to get a little hungry so we headed to CA, we like the food options in that park a little better. We went and ate at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta. We love their spaghetti and meatballs. It's about a pound of pasta with 2 meatballs on top. Enough for my hubby and I to share. My in-laws shared a chicken pasta dish and a very large salad! Everyone was happy and full.

We then went on The Little Mermaid ride and nearly walked right on! It's such a cute ride! We then wanted to head to Cars Land for our first time!!! We passed the Phineus and Ferb dance party and watched for a bit. We rounded the corner and saw Cars Land! Holy cow!!! They did such an amazing job!!!!! The movie really came to life! We took lots and lots and lots of pictures! We made our way back to Radiator Springs Racers and the stand-by line was 65 minutes. We decided that we wanted some ice cream in line so we went over to Ghiradelli and got some amazing sundaes! We walked back to line and starting eating while walking/waiting. The line moved quickly! I loved the glass bottle house you go through!. What a great ride!!!!!! It was soooo much fun! You slowly cruise around on the outside track, then head inside for a fun tour of Radiator Springs. We got the part to get new tires. I was bumed on our first ride, we didn't get to race anyone. I guess they got backed up. So we did the outside fast part ourselves, but it was still fun and fast!!

We then did Mators Junkyard Jamboree ride. It was just a 10 minutes wait! It was a fun little ride! I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for it, but was still fun!

We then worked our way back to DL since this was they close early the next 2 days of our trip due to the Halloween party. We got caught waiting for some of the CA parade to go by. Took some pics of their partners statue while we watched! It's so nice to be able to stand right next to Walt Disney and Mickey!

Back over to DL we took some pics in front of the castle. We cut throught the castle and heading towards Frontierland. We walked by the Big Thunder Ranch and checked it out. They have their petting zoo of goats. You could also go in a big tent to meet a Villian (we opted not to). They had CMs carving pumpkins with Disney characters, they did such an amazing job! We saw Mickey and Dale dressed up for Halloween. They were playing games with the kids. We missed the band, but they had one playing throughout the day. It was a cute area and I nice break! Thunder went down just as we were walking by, we had wanted to ride it then. Our apps said Pirates was only 5 minutes, so we headed that way, so did everyone else that was exiting the queue for Thunder. But it was less than a 10 minute wait! I always love this ride! We all decided we were getting hungry, so we went to the Jolly Holiday Bakery. Hubby and I shared a roast beef sandwich and a chicken enchilada soup. And for dessert we got one of their giant chocolate cupcakes with the frosting that looked like candy corn. It was amazing! The frosting was like whipped cream! It was getting dark out and the parade was just about to start. This restaurant is right near the hub so we were able to watch from our seats!

We then went over to see the Jack Skellington Haunted Mansion. We had about a 15 minute wait. Not too bad! When we would check during the day on our apps, they would be posting close to 60 minutes!

The park was about to close, so we wandered through some stores on on way to downtown Disney. We walked through World of Disney again. Made it back to our room by 9:30PM and got ready for bed. The parks open at 8AM!

Note: BBcode and smileys are still usable.

pdrlkr
11-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2: