PDA

View Full Version : How to entertain little ones while in line

faberj
10-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Looking for some pointers on how to entertain my 2 yr old DS while waiting in line. We leave in 2 days (WOO HOO).
I plan on using fast pass as much as we can, but I am sure there will still be some waits. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-29-2012, 02:36 PM
bubbles, angry birds, search for hidden mickeys, ( its cheezy but I keep lolly pops for the worst lines or parade waits... or little bags of fruit chews (my kids call the cheweeze).. if it is night time we bring our own glow bracelets. bubble wrap... (I have a 2 year old who likes to pop bubbles) Noiw tho so many of the cues are interactive it keeps the kids pretty entertained. One of the worst tho is SOarin. That long hallway is TERRIBLE. I cant really blame my kids for climbing the railings during THAT wait.

Gator
10-29-2012, 03:19 PM
A lot of the lines are so themed that the kids just love them. However, there are times when they like to climb on the ropes and rails. Nothing you can do about that. Really, that's why we go during off-season, and then fastpass a bunch of the lines. Then we take them to play areas to get the wiggles out.

waymickey
10-29-2012, 04:01 PM
We play hand games and I spy. We like to talk about what we just saw and make up silly rhymes. Sometimes we bring snacks like goldfish crackers. Honestly I have not found keeping little ones occupied in line to be a big problem. There is just so much to se in disney. Although The soaring line is boring so fastpass it or forget it.

Butters
10-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Don't think you'll have to worry about soarin since most 2yr olds won't be tall enough but PP is a def fast pass ride.

For my DD we would talk about what characters are on the coming ride or who she'll meet next. Last resort was to pull out the iPhone wih a bunch of Disney movies loaded on it and let her watch it in parts.

Georgesgirl1
10-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Snacks, I Spy, Wheels on the Bus, talking about what we have seen/will see, games on the i-phone (this is the last resort). Honestly, both of my boys have been really good about waiting in lines. We use a touring plan and mostly go off season to avoid as many lines as possible, but at Disney you will always have a few lines to wait in no matter what.

People always suggest bubbles on these posts, but I don't think that is a good idea. Bubble solution can make floors slick, mess up other people's electronics, get in people's eyes, hair or clothing, etc.