PDA

View Full Version : what was your favorite Food and Wine Festival sample?

Poohluv85
10-26-2012, 11:42 AM
I didn't see this topic posted anywhere ele, but if it is please forgive me :blush:
With the Epcot Food and Wine Festival heading towards its last weeks, I was wondering how many different samples were you all able to try? What were your faves? What, if any, would you not get again?
Between my family and I we were able to try several. To be honest there were many favorites.
To begin our culinary journey around the world, me and my best friend went to Hawaii where we both tried the pulled pork slider. Definately one of our favorites, it was sooo good. My parents headed to Canada to try the "Le Cellier" wild mushroom beef filet mingon with truffle butter sauce. They decided to get 2 seperate items and split them. So. They also got the chicken chipolte sausage with sweet corn palenta. They were both a little disappointed in the filet mingon for the price of $6.00 but liked the chicken chipolte sausage. Next I headed to Greece and got the chicken souvlaki with tzatziki sauce, was really good too. After this we skipped on over to Ireland and I got the warm choclate lava cake with baileys ganashe, this was to die for..indescribably good in my opinion...definately my favorite item of the day. Our next stop was japan where my best friend got a California roll, wich for raw fish wasn't bad :p While we were there my parents headed to Poland where they again got 2 different items wich both were very good, kielbasa and potatoe pierogie and the zapiekanki and my dad aslo got a :beer: tyskieB wich was pretty good but not my fave of the day. Next was Germany! Everything Germany had to offer was amazing, the bratwurst, the schinken nudel, the apple struedel, and of course the radeberger pilsner. We all visited this stop a couple of times :D After a good times in Germany we decided to sit and relax for a bit so I went to Soth Africa and ordered the spinach and paneer cheese pocket paired with the Fairview pinotage. Both were good, the spinach pocket had a kind floral taste to it, but was good and the wine complimented it well. Next
was China for me and my mom where she ordered the chicken satay with spicy peanut sauce and I got the mongolian beef on a steamed bun. I loved this personally, it was unlike anything I've ever had before. The bun was slightly sweet but it was really good. My mom enjoyed the flavor of hers, but was a little disappointed with the serving size. All in all I would definately do China again. Our next stop was Mexico where me and my best friend got the shrimp tacos wich again were awesomely good. Our last stop for the day wasat the dessert and champagne stand where me and my mom ordered the dark chocolate mousse with chili and salted carmel. Very unique flavor experienceb starts sweet and finishes spicy. Awesome combination though. My dad got the dessert trio and loved each one. Here my best friend ordered a frozen chocolate milk wich was ok. He finished his course with Fish n Chips from the UK, I know not part of the F&W festival but was so good I had to mention it :) so that was our journey, what was yours like?

lawgirl
10-26-2012, 12:16 PM
I got the filet mignon at Le Cellier. I thought the portion size was decent especially considering the quality of the food. I loved it. We also got the scallops at New Zealand (I think that's where it was...can't remember 100%), which were very good. We would have gone back and gotten seconds, but the line was long and they were pretty slow. I did have champagne which was amazing, and white wine in New Zealand, which was pretty decent.

The filet was a nice suprise...I didn't realize that they did that. I don't eat a ton, so for me it really was the perfect little plate!

Goofeygal
10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Mine was a toss up of the filet at Canada and the Jerk chicken drumstick at Carribean.

Gator
10-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Reading all of this makes me really want to plan a trip for early November next year. One day!!!

Niecyboo
10-26-2012, 09:29 PM
I loved Canada and France (the Escargot and creme brulee were both amazing) but my favorite kiosk was the cheese kiosk. Just posted on Facebook that I don't know where the country "Cheese" is but I am emigrating there. LOL

Kenny1113
10-26-2012, 10:45 PM
I was disappointed with the food and wine festival this year. Don't know if I'll make a trip specifically for F&WF again. Yes the food was good, but nothing was great, or amazing. It was all just ordinary. :(

But if I had to pick a best it would be the apple strudel.

I guess my dad's fiancé and I got a bad batch of the dark chocolate mousse. We were intrigued by the chili and salted caramel addition. We couldn't taste it. :( none of us could, not me, DH, DSs, dad or his fiancé. :(

Capt_redshirt
10-27-2012, 01:50 AM
I didnt get to go this year but last year the surprise hit for me was in Greece and it was available this year as well... It was a griddled greek cheese with pistachios and honey I think over the week i had to have ordered it 5 times. My mouth waters just thinking about it ... i surely hope it will be there next year.

EeyoresBestFriend
10-27-2012, 12:44 PM
My fave was the Australian lamb chop with mint and chips and DH's was the caribbean ropa veija.

Unfortunately, the weather was hot enough that we were not all that into eating. But what we did eat was fabulous!

Yo Mickey!
10-27-2012, 11:27 PM
we hit many of the countries the 4 nights my wife and i went down.

our favorites:

canada - chicken chipotle sausage with sweet corn polenta. wowza, my favorite.

singapore - seared mahi mahi with jasmine rice and singa sauce. my second favorite.

poland - kielbasa and potato pierogies with caramelized onions and sour cream. mmmm, i had this twice.

hawaii - pork sliders with pineapple chutney. my wife's favorite.

italy - ravioli di formaggia all emiliana. my wife's second favorite.

beers were good too:thumbsup: