PDA

View Full Version : Touring plans showing a 9/10 at EPCOT today?

Iluvpooh
10-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Just checked touring plans & it's showing 9 out of 10 for crowds at EPCOT today. Any idea why? That's a very high level for this time of year. Right? Please help me feel better because we're leaving in just a few minutes. =(

Ms. Mode
10-26-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm thinking I read somewhere on Intercot yesterday that there was a special event...like a bike ride or something...that was going on the end of this week. They also said the weekends are busy. I have great hope for next weeks crowds...we leave on Monday!

Oops! I might be part of your problem crowd...you might be part of mine.... :blush:

Gator
10-26-2012, 11:34 AM
That's kinda strange. I can't imagine a day in October when the crowds are as big as a summer day. But with Halloween decor up all over WDW, maybe it's attracting lots of extra people.

retiredfigment
10-26-2012, 11:43 AM
When we were there on October 13, a Saturday, the crowds was huge. A lot of local groups, (you could tell by matching T shirts with funny sayings) were there for the Food and Wine Festival. I imagine that Friday nights might be popular also.

lawgirl
10-26-2012, 12:20 PM
We were in Epcot the end of September, right before F&W officially started, and it was so crowded. I don't know what the deal was, but I haven't been there when it was that crowded before. It was surprising to me!

But all in all, Epcot seems to be the best park to be crowded...the way it's laid out seems to have better flow.

Hope you still have a great time!

iheartdisney
10-28-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm curious if you found the crowds to be a "9/10." Please let us know what YOU thought! Have a great trip!

KylesMom
10-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Let's just say that Saturday I left our ICOT party to go change into warmer clothes early on. I originally parked in the first row of Journey at 7:45 am. When I returned to Epcot I ended up being parked in Explore 70 at the very end! It was definitely a very crowded afternoon/evening at the F&WF.

SBETigg
10-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Let's just say that Saturday I left our ICOT party to go change into warmer clothes early on. I originally parked in the first row of Journey at 7:45 am. When I returned to Epcot I ended up being parked in Explore 70 at the very end! It was definitely a very crowded afternoon/evening at the F&WF.

Yes, incredibly crowded. More crowded than I've seen it in World Showcase. But, that's the F & W appeal on weekends. Fall crowds in Epcot on weekends during F & W are much thicker than even most summer crowds, I think. But we all managed. Even the thickest crowds can be overcome with good planning and the right attitude. Right?

KylesMom
10-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Fall crowds in Epcot on weekends during F & W are much thicker than even most summer crowds, I think. But we all managed. Even the thickest crowds can be overcome with good planning and the right attitude. Right? Yep - and with good ICOT friends, it didn't matter how crowded it was! But I concur that I have never seen EPCOT WS that crowded in the 12 years we've been visiting Disney! Had such a blast that the crowds were not an issue.

CMCTxMom
10-30-2012, 03:05 PM
I've noticed that Epcot crowds are projected at 7+ for my whole trip in January - it's the "Park to Avoid" 4 out of the 5 days! I've been wondering why this would be - no F&W in January, and it's not marathon weekend. It's around MLK weekend...?