PDA

View Full Version : The Gorillas at AK ~

EeyoresBestFriend
10-25-2012, 10:31 PM
I guess I am directing this for the folks that love AK, so move along all else . . . :D

The last couple of times we have spent time with the "batchelor pad" of gorillas(one of our favourite spots), we were all a bit taken aback by the reverse observation.

One gorilla in particular, not the big silverback, sits, watches and often listens to the people. He looks from one speaker to another if there is a conversation going on. His attention and regard seems to capture you and I can't help but wonder what he is thinking of us?

This is one of many things about AK that I love . . .

WDWdriver
10-25-2012, 11:05 PM
This is one of many things about AK that I love . . .

You are far more observant than most guests who walk the Pangani trail. Few know that the bachelor male habitat is separate from the "family" area, just as it is in the wild. I'm glad you appreciate this extraordinary park and the many creatures that are protected there.

LVT
10-26-2012, 06:56 AM
He probably is watching people. At the Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska a guide told of one young male who has learned that he can make a fast dart at the people in the window and make them react.

Ms. Mode
10-26-2012, 07:15 AM
We too love the gorilla's and have watched the one you are speaking of! He just loves to put on a show. ;)

We also love baby Lily. She is growing up so fast; just like our children...a baby one day a young adult the next.